Used 2007 Mazda 5 Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Get a Honda instead
By sofienyc

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Please look elsewhere for a family van. You will encounter cheap materials, uncomfortable seating and a noisy rear suspension with no fix from Mazda. It does get good gas mileage but besides that it is only good for short trips to the store under 30 minutes or so, otherwise it is not a car you would want to take on a long trip. It does hold a lot of stuff but the noises it makes will think you bought a used Yugo! Stay away from it

Buy something else

It's the little things
By bvw

2007 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I just got my car and I love it! It is small but not too small, it fits everyone and everything I want to put in it and it looks and drives great. I am now seeing though how two little things can kind of start to bug you after a while like no arm rests and so few cup holders. I know it sounds silly but because there is no place to put your cell phone when it is plugged in you have to use a cup holder and there are not that many to begin with.

Sporty.

Arm rests for everyone and more and larger cup holders. Need a place to put your cell phone. I noticed as well when I turn the lights on at night the interior lights dim too much. It is kind of strange.

Puts the mini in Minivan
By Martin

2007 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My wife has had one for about 20 months now. This car has proven much more versatile then a more expensive station wagon. Handling is exceptional for a minivan and above average for a car. Between the balanced weight distribution and the independent suspension, this car can actually corner! Also, it can be bought in a stick! which makes it all the more peppier. We drive the car in winter (including last years record breaking one) and it is not the best winter car. But if you buy winter tires you won't get stuck. Reliability: In 35000 km over 18 months of mixed driving the only repair has been a shock absorber on the left rear wheel. Not bad at all.

Manual transmission

Traction control

Minivan that does not look like one
By Anwar Khan

2007 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car for the price. The automatic transmission does not want to shift from 2 to 3 occasionally with out pausing the gas paddle extra hard. I were size 10 shoes and 6 feet tall. The brake and the gas pedal are too close. Love the telescoping steering wheel feature and the gas mileage. Highly recommend it.

Sport-tronic shifter, 3rd row for the kids, sliding doors, road handling

Arm rest, allow more space between brake and gas pedal, privacy windows

Miata with seats for six?
By Zoom-zoom

2007 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My family loves our Mazda5. I bought it for my wife and kid but occasionally drive it myself. My weekend toy is Mazda Miata and this little wagon (Mazda5 is not a minivan!) is the closest thing to it. Considering the size, the handling is amazing and it’s lots of fun on a long winding road. Brakes are excellent and on par to my daily driven 5 series BMW (they also dust as much though). Fuel economy is decent, with 32 mpg going 65 mph on a highway and 22-24 around town. It could’ve been better if Mazda offered more engine choices. However, I can see that this car is not for everyone, especially for people who hate driving.

Versatility, value, quality

Offer more engine choices, like in the rest of the world. Would love to see the TDI engine in the future.