2007 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Sport Utility Wagon
By HotRodSaint on 10/19/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a vehicle that was fun to drive and was flexible in its cargo carrying capacity. The manual transmission Mazda5 fit this bill perfectly.

Wow!! A sport sedan with extra seats!
By Raymond on 10/14/07 23:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Boy, was I hooked once behind the wheel and test-drove it. Unlike others who say it's noisy and underpowered, I find it quiet on the freeway at 65 mph. Power is also adequate, get to 90+mph pretty easy. Boy, it has incredible handling ability, tight and sharp turns, takes any turns. Excellent braking ability and comes standard with side curtain airbags for all passengers. Boy, a lot of storage and storage for 2 laptops under the 2nd row seats! I am loving it! Turning circle is also small, parking lots parking is extremely easy. Fit my 26" road bicycle too!!!

A passenger armrest short of perfection!
By zabellasdad on 10/12/07 01:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is hands down THE BEST car you can get for $20K or under. WOW! I got a Grand Touring trim with nice leather, 6-disk CD (great sound btw), Xenon lights with adjustable angle (are you serious?), moonroof, cool pocket-knife style keys w/remote entry, etc, etc. Can you find another car on the market at this price with all these features? I traded my 98 Suburban for this thing in a heartbeat! Drove my first 180 miles and barely at half tank, thatÂ’s only 7 gallons! There are few oversights by Mazda. The biggest one being the lack of front passenger armrest. What? Did someone spill coffee on that part of the blueprint at Mazda design team meeting? But overall, it is AWESOME!!!

Perfect!
By pyrexmaniac on 10/02/07 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Mazda5 for almost 18 months and it has been flawless. The combination of a 5-speed manual, small size, cavernous interior, and incredible driving character make it an all-around perfect car. Some call it a minivan, others a hatchback, some a station wagon. I always call it an outstanding combination of space, performance, economy and yes, style. (My teenage nephews think this car is awesome. Minivan? What minivan?) What more could anyone ask for?

Great MPV, but no SUV
By Hansen on 09/07/07 23:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We read all the great reviews regarding the Mazda5, and for the most part they are correct, but we live in Edmonton, Alberta, and we traded in an 03 Explorer for the 5. It was a mistake, but at least we have a vehicle that is less expensive to own and operate. We miss the 4WD, and the SUV is much better during the winter. We feel the Mazda5 is better than minivans we owned prior. The 5's heater is lacking and there is no rear heat, the low profile tires should be changed for winter tires, the car "skwacks" over bumps when it is cold. However in the summer this vehicle is fun, it gets great fuel economy, it's practical, great to drive and easy to park.

Hybrid, please
By RBubp on 08/28/07 15:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda 5. I can't understand why Mazda doesn't market it (at all!), but it is incredibly fun to drive for a versatile wagon/van with lots of smart touches. It does miss on a couple of things - front seats don't go back far enough, gas mileage really should be better - but considering there really is no other car like it, these are minor quibbles.

This car is GREAT!
By Ron L on 08/23/07 22:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 60 mile round-trip daily commute, and a family with 2 small children; This is the ideal cross-over between an economical commuter car and a mini-van! And, while it would be nice if Mazda would tweak the motor to get another 15 hp, it performs just fine. It handles and brakes extremely well... Zoom-zoom! The interior is well planned, and the materials, fit and finish are excellent! It has a great ride, is reasonably quiet, and it even looks pretty good for a "minivan"! The touring model is also well equiped with cruise control, sunroof, side-skirts, 17" alloy wheels, 6CD changer, climate control, etc. The only "option" we added was the rear bumper step guard.

Not a bad little vehicle
By Chris on 08/21/07 09:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Have owned my 2006 auto for a little over a year now. I average about 110 miles a day in this car. Gas mileage has ranged from 27 to 33 highway, depending on speed and use of AC. I had the windows tinted. I do notice some rattles now that I have close to 30K. The road noise is excessive as well. Someone else mentioned this too that the black interior is a bear to keep clean, it shows everyting. The heater doesnt seem to pump out consistent air temp and the A/C light goes on when using the auto feature, even if it's cold out. Dont understand that logic. All in all though, you get a lot of vehicle for the price.

Smart can also be fun and stylish
By troyolson92 on 08/16/07 10:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The SUV rocks. Can't bring myself to call it a minivan. It feels much more peppy than Edmunds describes. Everything about this vehicle is smart! Well laid out. My gas mileage consistently exceeds 28 mpg with only 10k miles on it. That's with the air conditioning on and outside temp for two weeks exceeding 1004 degrees. I have measured absolutely NO difference in gas mileage with or out air conditioning on. Try it and expel the myth.

Nice Car
By Scott on 08/10/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned the car for two weeks and it has been a pleasure to drive. First gas tank of all city driving came in at an average mpg of 23, even with some of my higher RPM start-ups. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a compromise between some of the desirable features of a minivan and a station wagon. Great value for the price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.