Used 2007 Mazda 5 Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 5 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda 5

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Excellent Vehicle! A Must Buy!
By Al

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I am in sales and drive about 35K/year,so I can quickly know if a vehicle is going to last and this has been the BEST VEHICLE I have ever owned. After 76K miles this car has been extremely reliable with no repairs other than scheduled maintenance. Also no rattles or odd noises, its a very well built solid car. The domestic car companies should take note! I'm averaging about 29-30 MPG mixed driving using a K&N airfilter and synthetic oil (Amsoil). Even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles and the interior is rather spartan/cheap feeling, it is very functional. I am very confident that I will see 150K ++ from this vehicle.

Fun to drive! Very comfortable. Versatile. Easy to maintain, well built and extremely reliable.

Bring the diesel here! I have a 2007 and it looks as Mazda took care of the improvements I noted.

low profile tires
By Catherine Hoff

2007 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I found that the Mazda 5 has it's advantages as well as disadvantages. The interior and seats are very comfortable. We went from a mini van and I do miss the leg room on the drives side that the mazda 5 lacks. My husband finds the gas peddle small and close to the brake.

My favorite feature is the heated leather seats for the price. The gas milage is great. The side air bags are an important safety feature.

I signed off on low profile tires not realizing that if you live in an area that has pot holes (who doesn't) then you are going to have trouble with bent rims. I was very disappointed that they were bent and are likely to encounter that again. $1200 dollars to fix it. Beware-low profile tires

Terrible Road noise
By Jerry

2007 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Even though the handling is very good and fun to drive, the road noise is so bad you can hardly talk to other passengers. You cannot talk to people in the rear of the car without screaming. The radio is the worst sounding on any car I've ever owned. If Zoom Zoom is the only thing you care about this is a good pick for this segment, but if creature comforts and having conversation with someone else is of value, look for a different vehicle.

Crisp, agile handling is great

Improved audio speakers and sound system. Decrease the road noise!

As cool as a minivan can be
By Jen

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I like small cars but need space to carry furniture. This mini minivan is the perfect solution! It drives like a car, with no swaying around corners like the Odyssey or Sienna. Super maneuverability; the turning radius is surprisingly tiny. The cool exterior styling means I don't feel like a soccer mom. Very comfortable interior and handy controls on the steering wheel. Manual shift option is great for driving in the mountains. I'm surprised at mileage complaints. I have carefully recorded my mileage the entire 10 months I've had the car and I average 27 mpg mixed use. Driving style matters, though; I drive no more than 5-8 mph over the speed limit and I don't speed away from stoplights.

Super handling with small turning radius. Fun to drive! Comfortable on long drives. Cool exterior styling. Easy loading with side sliding doors and wide rear hatch.

More powerful engine. Five-speed auto transmission. A bit more space between the brake and gas pedals, and a driver's seat that goes back about one more inch (I'm 5'11", long legs and size 10 feet).

2007 Mazda5
By Erik

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We traded in a ford truck who was consuming 16 to the gallon with lesser hp and to cylinders more.Of course no comparison driving this minivan,drives like a mazda3 and the space of a truck! We did a trip around the US so drove 10,000 miles and the only problem occurred was the AC was striking for 30 min. Good we were in Montana and not already in Vegas. Out of the blue it worked again and this was the only problem so far. In the mountains would be nice to have more power, maybe not long Mazda get the new 2.5 fourstroke from ford, better on the mile and with the 5 shift trannie who you can lock more fun and lower RPM at 70 mph. Now 3200rpm still ok but with the new automatic will be better.

The captain chairs in the back who can fold down very easy and the slide doors opening easy in small parking spots, low maintenance cost. And good brakes (nice in the mountains without fading). 4 disks instead of drums in the back. Good space around you.

More power and better gas mileage, other brand tires or more noise reducing insulation.