Used 2007 Mazda 5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Mostly happy
By JustpeachyinDC

2007 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought ours new in July '07. Overall, this is a very good car for a new family with small children. Easy access with the sliding rear doors but it doesn't feel like your driving a minivan. Needs more horsepower! We have averaged 23 mpg in mixed driving since we bought the car, not bad but not great. Routinely get 27 on the highway even with the Thule cargo box on top. This car is one of Mazda's best kept secrets!

Sliding rear doors, seating for six, large cargo area, fun to drive, unique look. A lot of value for the money.

A/C for rear seats (fixed on later model years), armrest for passenger (also fixed on later model years), gas pedal to close to the brake pedal, more hp (50 or so). Some problems being reported with the bushings on the front stabilizer bars, mine started making noise at about 42k.

My Favorite Car
By Catherine

2007 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This has been my favorite car I've ever owned. I had a Kia minivan before that I hated. I like that it drives like a car but the sliding doors make it super easy to get the kids in and out. I love the third row seating so we can take Grandma with us sometimes. It has great cargo area for groceries. Agree with the road noise and I wish the front passenger seat had an armrest. Agree that the seats are not comfortable for long drives. Shocked to discover that the side mirrors were not heated. Paint seems to chip very easily and the battery won't hold a charge (but it's winter and I don't drive it enough). Transmission does seem to hesitate sometimes. Key is huge.

Sliding rear doors! Heated seats! It's not too big/not too small, third row seating, roomy cargo area, leather interior, satellite radio, keyless entry, window locks

Rubber floor mats don't hold enough water, the paint chips easily, don't care for the low profile tires, auxiliary input for stereo, heated mirrors

Not recommended
By krizzam

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Mazda & until this car, I'd consider myself a huge fan. Now, I'm not sure I'll ever buy a Mazda again. In less than 3 yrs. & 30k, I needed new tires, a new battery, numerous broken interior features, horrible loud noises when I back out of the driveway. The low profile tires drive terribly in the winter and are extremely expensive to replace. The body is shoddy - bumper popped out which then made a large piece of plastic hang underneath. Believe it or not, I notice this plastic hanging on other passing Mazda5s. Even worse, I leased this car. What a nightmare.

Seating for 6 in a fairly compact vehicle.

Quality?

Love my Mazda
By Gizmo

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used in 07 with 18000 miles and now have 46000. Have driven my Mazda 5 thru 2 nasty winters in Wisconsin and the resulting "ruts" in the road & first yr. worried about how it would handle. Ride is stiff over potholes (some are totally unavoidable) and I was used to a 4 wheel drive SUV. Mazda 5 handled pretty well & it just took a bit of learning about the vehicle. The 6 passenger seating in my "mini" mini van is great and last row easy to access. Definitely would buy this one again & will stay with Mazda's (had a 91 Mazda MPV for 7 yrs. & loved that one too). LOVE DRIVING THIS CAR & I TAKE LOTS OF ROAD TRIPS WITH IT!! Other Mazda 5 owners stop to talk as they love their cars too.

6 person seating in a totally awesome vehicle size!! Size & depth of glove box. Cooling & heating fast to respond respond comfortably. MAZDA quality throughout!!

Sedan type wheels & tires (mine are the skinny tires whatever they are called). Maybe elasticized door pockets (ones on there are narrow). Keyless entry - I need to be 2 cars away to find my car with the remote (my Nissan worked through parking garage floors to tell me my car is a floor higher).

I bought a lemon
By Guy Prud'homme

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Everything is wrong with this car. bad windshield sealant, engine and transmission issues, Driver seat needs to be replaced, rear hatch piston replaced, rusty wiper arm need to be replaced, driver door handle was replaced, transmission oil needed to be replaced (black)2 weeks ago, remote starter will no function below -15, oil pan leak, replaced suspension bushing and one transmission mount etc.

take her back