2007 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Terrible Road noise
By Jerry on 01/26/09 19:12 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Even though the handling is very good and fun to drive, the road noise is so bad you can hardly talk to other passengers. You cannot talk to people in the rear of the car without screaming. The radio is the worst sounding on any car I've ever owned. If Zoom Zoom is the only thing you care about this is a good pick for this segment, but if creature comforts and having conversation with someone else is of value, look for a different vehicle.

As cool as a minivan can be
By Jen on 12/04/08 17:26 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I like small cars but need space to carry furniture. This mini minivan is the perfect solution! It drives like a car, with no swaying around corners like the Odyssey or Sienna. Super maneuverability; the turning radius is surprisingly tiny. The cool exterior styling means I don't feel like a soccer mom. Very comfortable interior and handy controls on the steering wheel. Manual shift option is great for driving in the mountains. I'm surprised at mileage complaints. I have carefully recorded my mileage the entire 10 months I've had the car and I average 27 mpg mixed use. Driving style matters, though; I drive no more than 5-8 mph over the speed limit and I don't speed away from stoplights.

2007 Mazda5
By Erik on 11/21/08 09:25 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We traded in a ford truck who was consuming 16 to the gallon with lesser hp and to cylinders more.Of course no comparison driving this minivan,drives like a mazda3 and the space of a truck! We did a trip around the US so drove 10,000 miles and the only problem occurred was the AC was striking for 30 min. Good we were in Montana and not already in Vegas. Out of the blue it worked again and this was the only problem so far. In the mountains would be nice to have more power, maybe not long Mazda get the new 2.5 fourstroke from ford, better on the mile and with the 5 shift trannie who you can lock more fun and lower RPM at 70 mph. Now 3200rpm still ok but with the new automatic will be better.

Get a Honda instead
By sofienyc on 09/29/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Please look elsewhere for a family van. You will encounter cheap materials, uncomfortable seating and a noisy rear suspension with no fix from Mazda. It does get good gas mileage but besides that it is only good for short trips to the store under 30 minutes or so, otherwise it is not a car you would want to take on a long trip. It does hold a lot of stuff but the noises it makes will think you bought a used Yugo! Stay away from it

It's the little things
By bvw on 09/12/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I just got my car and I love it! It is small but not too small, it fits everyone and everything I want to put in it and it looks and drives great. I am now seeing though how two little things can kind of start to bug you after a while like no arm rests and so few cup holders. I know it sounds silly but because there is no place to put your cell phone when it is plugged in you have to use a cup holder and there are not that many to begin with.

Puts the mini in Minivan
By Martin on 08/01/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My wife has had one for about 20 months now. This car has proven much more versatile then a more expensive station wagon. Handling is exceptional for a minivan and above average for a car. Between the balanced weight distribution and the independent suspension, this car can actually corner! Also, it can be bought in a stick! which makes it all the more peppier. We drive the car in winter (including last years record breaking one) and it is not the best winter car. But if you buy winter tires you won't get stuck. Reliability: In 35000 km over 18 months of mixed driving the only repair has been a shock absorber on the left rear wheel. Not bad at all.

Minivan that does not look like one
By Anwar Khan on 05/13/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car for the price. The automatic transmission does not want to shift from 2 to 3 occasionally with out pausing the gas paddle extra hard. I were size 10 shoes and 6 feet tall. The brake and the gas pedal are too close. Love the telescoping steering wheel feature and the gas mileage. Highly recommend it.

Miata with seats for six?
By Zoom-zoom on 03/21/08 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My family loves our Mazda5. I bought it for my wife and kid but occasionally drive it myself. My weekend toy is Mazda Miata and this little wagon (Mazda5 is not a minivan!) is the closest thing to it. Considering the size, the handling is amazing and it’s lots of fun on a long winding road. Brakes are excellent and on par to my daily driven 5 series BMW (they also dust as much though). Fuel economy is decent, with 32 mpg going 65 mph on a highway and 22-24 around town. It could’ve been better if Mazda offered more engine choices. However, I can see that this car is not for everyone, especially for people who hate driving.

Getting Another
By Tricia on 03/15/08 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my 2007 Mazda5! I love it even more now. Unfortunately someone hit me this week and totaled my beloved vehicle. Over $15000 in damage and I feel perfect 3 days after, my 18 mo old son is unhurt. The car did just what it should - protect my family. I called dealer next day and am going to get my 2008 next week. Any car that is this safe as well as fun to drive, nice looking and roomy - what more could you ask for?

Love it, hate it relationship!
By Love it, hate it! on 03/07/08 20:23 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Mazda 5 but there are so many small things about it that drive me crazy seems though its brand new. The style of the car is awesome and it is dependable and a low cost car, the mpg wasn't as great as I thought it would be but its not awful. Overall I love the car but NO armrest, come on! The car drives awful in snow, I can't even leave the house, guess it's not a good vehicle for Ohioans. The brakes squeak very loud when backing up. The back door handles freeze. The tires are new but I slide a lot on wet surfaces. The car has an awful vibration that comes and goes, it also vibrates when the windows are down and it feels like your eardrums just popped

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.