Used 2007 Mazda 5 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Hybrid, please
By RBubp

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda 5. I can't understand why Mazda doesn't market it (at all!), but it is incredibly fun to drive for a versatile wagon/van with lots of smart touches. It does miss on a couple of things - front seats don't go back far enough, gas mileage really should be better - but considering there really is no other car like it, these are minor quibbles.

Handling; interior seat arrangement; tilt/telescopic steering; firm, comfortable seats; manumatic shifter for more power.

More leg room in front; hybrid engine/better mpg.

We Love It.
By Melissa

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our Subaru station wagon just wasn't cutting it on comfort and size with a large carseat in the back so we were looking for a new car. We didn't feel ready for a minivan, didn't want the low gas mileage of an SUV. I was so thankful when we came across this car that we bought it almost instantly. I love the feel of it and the price is GREAT! All the other vehicles we were looking at were well beyond this range. Lots of room in the back when the seats are folded down, and comfortable 2nd row seating. The 3rd row is a little small, but it would only be for some extra in a pinch anyway. I love that we have that option. I don't understand why other car companies aren't making similar models?

Arm rest on passenger side seat. Arm rest on door in back seat.

Great Microvan
By Kurt

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Compact and well-suited for city driving. Pretty peppy on the highway too. Handles well. My wife and infant son like it a lot.

A/C actually does a decent job keeping the car cool. Great pickup and solid gearbox. Haven't hit the hardware store yet, but it looks like I'll have ample room for most purchases.

Diesel engine and "Karakuri Seating System" (3rd seat, middle row) options for the North American markets would be huge hits. Other than those suggestions, it's a good little van!

Unbelievable Vehicle
By Gaurav Malik

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Went to Niagra from Wisconsin. Used less than $120 of gas with 6 passengers. Awesome experience.

Versatility, fuel economy, design.

Black interior is hard to maintain.

A fun to drive, attractive, practical car
By bob f

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the perfect size for my wife and me. We can carry ourselves and our four grandchildren easily. It has a great deal of storage room when we are alone or traveling with two other people. It is a gas to drive and does not feel like you are driving a minivan . Other minivans are way too big for us but the Mazda is perfect. I would suggest anyone looking for a vehicle that has versatility and is also fun to drive check out the 5. I do not think you will be disappointed.

Fun to drive - loads of room - very attractive to look at.

Needs an armrest for front passenger.