Used 2007 Mazda 5 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Great little Magic Bus
By BNC

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, roomy little mini-minivan. Have driven 6200 miles in 4 weeks, peppy with 5 speed manual trans, but experiencing the often- reported throttle hesitation. Will try the ECM reflash at the dealer to see if problem is resolved. Tires seem to flatspot on sitting overnight; bumpy ride for first 8-10 miles each morning.

Sliding mid-row seats, sliding side doors, versatility. Design execution is great!

Better heater flow, which may have been addressed on '08 models. More sound deadening materials in doors/floorboards to quiet the interior. Remote spin-on oil filter would be nice instead of cartridge style filter.

Perfect!
By pyrexmaniac

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Mazda5 for almost 18 months and it has been flawless. The combination of a 5-speed manual, small size, cavernous interior, and incredible driving character make it an all-around perfect car. Some call it a minivan, others a hatchback, some a station wagon. I always call it an outstanding combination of space, performance, economy and yes, style. (My teenage nephews think this car is awesome. Minivan? What minivan?) What more could anyone ask for?

Performance, economy, availability of manual transmission, handling and roadholding, space, comfort, features, price. Did I miss any?

A teensy bit more power for when the car carries more than two passengers. A lighter interior color. More exterior color choices.

Hybrid, please
By RBubp

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda 5. I can't understand why Mazda doesn't market it (at all!), but it is incredibly fun to drive for a versatile wagon/van with lots of smart touches. It does miss on a couple of things - front seats don't go back far enough, gas mileage really should be better - but considering there really is no other car like it, these are minor quibbles.

Handling; interior seat arrangement; tilt/telescopic steering; firm, comfortable seats; manumatic shifter for more power.

More leg room in front; hybrid engine/better mpg.

We Love It.
By Melissa

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our Subaru station wagon just wasn't cutting it on comfort and size with a large carseat in the back so we were looking for a new car. We didn't feel ready for a minivan, didn't want the low gas mileage of an SUV. I was so thankful when we came across this car that we bought it almost instantly. I love the feel of it and the price is GREAT! All the other vehicles we were looking at were well beyond this range. Lots of room in the back when the seats are folded down, and comfortable 2nd row seating. The 3rd row is a little small, but it would only be for some extra in a pinch anyway. I love that we have that option. I don't understand why other car companies aren't making similar models?

Arm rest on passenger side seat. Arm rest on door in back seat.

Great Microvan
By Kurt

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Compact and well-suited for city driving. Pretty peppy on the highway too. Handles well. My wife and infant son like it a lot.

A/C actually does a decent job keeping the car cool. Great pickup and solid gearbox. Haven't hit the hardware store yet, but it looks like I'll have ample room for most purchases.

Diesel engine and "Karakuri Seating System" (3rd seat, middle row) options for the North American markets would be huge hits. Other than those suggestions, it's a good little van!

• SUV