2007 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Just a newby, but...
By Ipsedixit7963 on 02/19/07 11:28 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this after many months of test driving. Saw this after driving a Mazda 3. Took an auto for a drive, but wanted a 5-speed. I look forward to getting out on the road! This thing zips around. I can't wait to see what kind of real gas mileage I get. It's a versatile little wagon and a commuter all in one. I'll have to get a few after-market add-ons, as the 5-speed is only available in the Sport model. This super mini is functional for my family. I needed a commuter vehicle with room for hauling stuff, and an around-town scooter for the family. A great (different) change from my Saab wagon.

Great Concept
By Michael K on 02/05/07 04:41 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In a class of its own as an much smaller alternative to a minivan. I love the car-like feeling, great visibility, smooth ride. I have had some quality issues, though. The transmission seems to slip occasionally, the drive wheels spin when starting on wet pavement, the suspension creaks in cold weather. I would buy one again anyway, as there in nothing else on the market that meets my needs like this vehicle.

Best Compromise
By Ben Elkins on 11/06/06 10:13 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great! We have had ours for 3 months now, and have no regrets. We have the manual transmission and get 27/32 MPG. I am 25 with a wife and 9 month old, and my wife and I both love the car. I love the big horsepower 4 cylinder, great on gas but still plenty of pickup. Very versatile.

Drives about as well as a sport sedan
By Jay on 08/23/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Handling on this euro-popular van is as good as it gets in a six seater. We got this for the flexibility it offers. We only occasionally haul 5 or 6 around, but we do like the pickup sized rear space for the home center runs. With a little padded plywood, we plan to use the back as a foul-weather shelter when camping. If you drive a manual, skip the auto and you'll enjoy a perkier driving experience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.