2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
In a class by itself
By jeff527 on 10/10/11 09:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great vehicle—you just have to know what to compare it to! It's not an Odyssey / Caravan / Sienna competitor. Yes, it has a third row but the Mazda5 is a much smaller vehicle. We stepped up from a Mazda3 after we had our second child. I found we didn't need all the space of a full size minivan so our Mazda5, with a manual transmission to boot, is a great compromise between a 5 seat hatchback and a full size minivan. We've put 15,000 miles on it so far and have not it in the shop once for a mechanical failure. If you think it looks like a space ship you'll probably get used to that after a while. Tinting the windows all around also helps.

never again Mazda
By mzdahtr on 06/13/11 19:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Poor, Poor Mazda. I suggest you Zoom,Zoom past this vehicle. Suspension is terrible, kills tires with no fix that you can afford to do. Plan on tire replacement every 18mo no matter the miles driven, Tire mfrs will not honor their guarantee on this vehicle. A/C quit can't figure it out i was told it was within the computer. Turn the wheel and you can hear popcorn popping. Terrible. This car is a Ford underneath. I guess it is a good thing Mazda is moving to Mexico. I wonder why Ford kicked them out of their facillities? Good Move.

Get a Honda instead
By sofienyc on 09/29/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Please look elsewhere for a family van. You will encounter cheap materials, uncomfortable seating and a noisy rear suspension with no fix from Mazda. It does get good gas mileage but besides that it is only good for short trips to the store under 30 minutes or so, otherwise it is not a car you would want to take on a long trip. It does hold a lot of stuff but the noises it makes will think you bought a used Yugo! Stay away from it

Great little Magic Bus
By BNC on 01/25/08 19:07 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, roomy little mini-minivan. Have driven 6200 miles in 4 weeks, peppy with 5 speed manual trans, but experiencing the often- reported throttle hesitation. Will try the ECM reflash at the dealer to see if problem is resolved. Tires seem to flatspot on sitting overnight; bumpy ride for first 8-10 miles each morning.

Perfect!
By pyrexmaniac on 10/02/07 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Mazda5 for almost 18 months and it has been flawless. The combination of a 5-speed manual, small size, cavernous interior, and incredible driving character make it an all-around perfect car. Some call it a minivan, others a hatchback, some a station wagon. I always call it an outstanding combination of space, performance, economy and yes, style. (My teenage nephews think this car is awesome. Minivan? What minivan?) What more could anyone ask for?

Hybrid, please
By RBubp on 08/28/07 15:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda 5. I can't understand why Mazda doesn't market it (at all!), but it is incredibly fun to drive for a versatile wagon/van with lots of smart touches. It does miss on a couple of things - front seats don't go back far enough, gas mileage really should be better - but considering there really is no other car like it, these are minor quibbles.

We Love It.
By Melissa on 07/10/07 07:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our Subaru station wagon just wasn't cutting it on comfort and size with a large carseat in the back so we were looking for a new car. We didn't feel ready for a minivan, didn't want the low gas mileage of an SUV. I was so thankful when we came across this car that we bought it almost instantly. I love the feel of it and the price is GREAT! All the other vehicles we were looking at were well beyond this range. Lots of room in the back when the seats are folded down, and comfortable 2nd row seating. The 3rd row is a little small, but it would only be for some extra in a pinch anyway. I love that we have that option. I don't understand why other car companies aren't making similar models?

Great Microvan
By Kurt on 06/18/07 13:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Compact and well-suited for city driving. Pretty peppy on the highway too. Handles well. My wife and infant son like it a lot.

Unbelievable Vehicle
By Gaurav Malik on 06/14/07 12:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Went to Niagra from Wisconsin. Used less than $120 of gas with 6 passengers. Awesome experience.

A fun to drive, attractive, practical car
By bob f on 06/04/07 10:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the perfect size for my wife and me. We can carry ourselves and our four grandchildren easily. It has a great deal of storage room when we are alone or traveling with two other people. It is a gas to drive and does not feel like you are driving a minivan . Other minivans are way too big for us but the Mazda is perfect. I would suggest anyone looking for a vehicle that has versatility and is also fun to drive check out the 5. I do not think you will be disappointed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.