2006 Mazda Mazda5 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Up and coming GEM of

2006 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Review

Touring Passenger Minivan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Up and coming GEM of a car!
By Hector on

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This care meets my needs PERFECTLY! Married father with twin boys. Us four are perfectly comfortable in this mini-minivan. If 1 or 2 more board, all I gotta do is flip up the rear seats, strap the kids in & the 2 extra passengers ride like kings in the 2nd row. LOVE the underseat storage in the 2nd row! VERY comfortable car & LOVE the fabric, too. The styling is very Eurochic, sporty, modern & cool. LOVE the ride & handling - surprisingly smooth & responds INSTANTLY to your commands. Very responsive braking & LOVE the automanual tranny - smooth/responsive. The car can be a tad too slow for my taste, but it's still responsive enough and very smooth for a 4 cylinder. Car feels much more expensive!

Favorite Features

I LOVE the sunroof, the 6 CD stereo system (looks AND sounds good), the stereo controls on the leather wrapped steering wheel (touring model), the green interior lighting & the way the radio display says "Hello!" every time you turn the car on. Love the rims & fog lights & versatility of the interior!

Suggested Improvements

It CAN be a little more powerful - perhaps a V6 option (only if it's 100% Mazda, and not Ford supplied). It is powerful enough though, and surprisingly smooth. Also, the headliner can be made a little more thick and of higher quality. Otherwise, it's PREFECT! I LOVE my new 5!