2006 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: The Little Strato Blue Wagon T

2006 Mazda 5 - Consumer Review

Touring Passenger Minivan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

The Little Strato Blue Wagon That Could
By Davicho on

2006 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my MZ5 used with 41000 miles which is a little more than normal but seemed very well taken care of. I sold my 2003 Honda Accord Coupe and bought it to replace it, and I do not regret it one bit. I totally love this little wagon. Sporty in and out, awesome handling, peppy, room for six or fold up the seats and have an enormous carrying capacity. Love the slider doors, although many people including my sons tease me for driving a minivan, nonetheless, all the attributes this wagon brings to the table over compensates for the mini-van label, I prefer to call it a "Sport Wagon". My average MPG city and highway combined is a steady 22-23 and I have gotten 28- 29 on pure highway driving.

The sporty looks, awesome handling, standard features like leather steering wheel, automatic with manual mode, auto temp control, moonroof, 6-CD changer, steering wheel audio and cruise controls, and 17" alloy wheels. I love the versatility of the interior, sliding doors and two position rear hatch.

Passenger side armrest (fixed on 2008 and later models), rear vents (also fixed on 2008 and later models), bigger seat bottoms on front seats with tilt feature. Better sound system with better bass. Better sound insulation.