Perfect fit!
By Rhatt on
2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I just picked up my new 5 so I haven't put very many miles on it yet. To my knowledge it is the first one sold in my area. I was looking at the Mazda 3 and Toyota Matrix when I saw the 5 on the lot. The Mazda 5 is much larger inside and out. While I was impressed with both the Matrix and Mazda 3 (I need the cargo space of a small wagon) the 5 has greater space in the passenger and cargos areas. At 6'4" headroom is always an important measurement for me. And even with the moonroof the 5 had 2 to 3 inches more headroom than the smaller wagons. The ride, steering and braking are wonderfully smooth. The engine pulls strong with no vibration. The 3 and the Matrix feel harsh by comparison.
Favorite Features
Four wheel anti-lock discs, sweet 17" alloy rims, side curtain airbags, 6 disc in-dash CD player, moonroof, tilt and telescoping steering wheel and lots of room. Sleek body styling (this ain't your fathers mini-van) Plus an extended 7yr 100,000 mile warrenty all for under $20,000!
Suggested Improvements
The passenger side front seat doesn't have a left side arm rest. (?) My wife noticed this right off in our test drive and wondered if they have forgot to install it. It really needs this for long trip comfort. The drivers seat has one. A strange ommission for this type of car.