2006 Mazda Mazda5 Consumer Review: Like brand new!

2006 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Review

Sport Passenger Minivan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Like brand new!
By pyrexmaniac on

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda5 for over three years now and with almost 90,000 miles on the odo, I can think of so few flaws that I can't imagine buying any other vehicle as a replacement in a year or so. Let's see.....it eats tires (what front-drive automobile doesn't?) The carpet is on the cheap side (especially in the Northeast with snow and salt.) There is a big chip in the hood that is starting to rust. The battery has been replaced. Everything else (including the brakes) are as-purchased. The quality is absolutely astounding...not a squeak or rattle on the entire vehicle and the highway ride seems to be getting better over time. The manual transmission is sweeter than the icing on any cake.

Favorite Features

Handling, Ride, small turning circle, build quality, features, space, versatility, durability, appearance, image...IMAGE? Yes, I actually feel very intelligent driving this car. People know that the Mazda5 is something special....I get so many comments on it and inquiries about my experience.

Suggested Improvements

More 5-speed manuals, please! Not every stick-shift driver wants the base model. that damn armrest on the driver's seat is a nuisance...the front passenger should have it instead. All wheel drive, perhaps? This would be killer in the snowy northeast and southeastern Canada.