2006 Mazda Mazda5 Consumer Review: Cheaply-Made Piece of Garbage!

2006 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Review

Touring Passenger Minivan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Cheaply-Made Piece of Garbage!
By Jenny Ondioline on

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Let's see, first off the remote locking system lasted, at most, for 6 months. It no longer works properly and the dealership had no idea of how to fix it. Secondly the tire wear -- which so many people have already described. Car's a little over 4 years old and needs its second set of replacement tires. Thirdly, the AC and air vents mysteriously blow hot air at me no matter what settings I use. Fourth, I hit a pothole and blew the transmission system, which was fortunately covered by Mazda. However it took Cooley 3 weeks to fix it. They went to put the new transmission into the car, and dropped it. Had to order a new one. Piece of crap from a shoddy dealer. VERY disappointed. Never again!

Favorite Features

Loved the idea of a small, fuel-efficient micro van. Turns out the kids are outgrowing the back seats already. Can't put adults in there no matter what their demo video claims!

Suggested Improvements

Start from scratch. There is absolutely nothing about this that's a keeper, other than the concept. Great concept, TERRIBLE execution. I wish Mazda luck, but I won't be buying another one ever!