2006 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: A Nice Surprise

2006 Mazda 5 - Consumer Review

Sport Passenger Minivan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A Nice Surprise
By Jim on

2006 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Looking to save on gas, I traded my Ford Explorer in for my Mazda5, and haven't looked back. I have 4 kids, so the seating was a must. Being a man, I didn't want a minivan, and this was the perfect crossover (?) for my needs. I've had the car for a full year and just over 10,000 miles now. The absolute best feature is that this micro machine drives like a car. I didn't want the spongy van-like drive like in my wife's Grand Caravan, and this car definitely responds when driving. It is a sporty 4-cyl engine and has no problems at all in the city or on the highway. I added window tint all around to defend against Florida summer heat, and the car always draws people's attention. Love it!

Drives like a car, Exterior styling with sport package and window tint, Hidden compartments in second row seats, Easy 2-2-2 seating arrangement allowing kids to flow in and out.

My largest complaint would be the excessive road noise the car has in both city & highway driving. I replaced the worn tires and it helped some, but the noise level is still too loud. Also, my wife complains about the lack of the passenger seat arm rest (I never sit there) & misses it on long trips.