2006 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
terrific combination
By nat on 12/21/06 21:07 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My only gripe is that the engine averages 26-27mpg on my mixed loop. The same engine gives 32 hwy on the Mazda3, but Mazda chose a different ECM chip on the 5. Bummer, would have been nice to get the better mileage at least on the stick shift, where the engine has ample power even under load.

Fun Machine
By Jerry on 12/19/06 20:34 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This high wagon is outstanding. Slick exterior design and the interior is great. I enjoy the way it drives and it's fun to switch gears on the auto/manual stick shift.

A complete package
By Hector on 12/06/06 12:31 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was hesitant to buy this vehicle, but a child on the way so needed to make the mature decision. This vehicle is practical with sliding doors. The tires (Toyos) are weak, so I changed them out and the handling has dramatically improved. overall this is a very sensible vehicle.

Mazda 5 has Zoom Zoom
By Trentonhodges on 11/21/06 09:10 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is car is just the right size for all my needs. The seats fold down to create more room than I ever expected and when they are up they give me extra space for my girls and their friends. The great thing is that it drives and parks like a car while giving me the space of a larger size minivan or SUV.

Excellent car for a growing family
By Paula on 11/12/06 16:04 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car because we had our third child on the way. It has been terrific! The seating configuration is very flexible and works well. We took one long trip across country with the car and it was great. The girls loved it. It has decent storage, though that goes away with the third row of seats up. It will be tough to get everything in on our next trip, but the small size outside and the large size inside is great for now.

Great Use of Space!
By Hagios on 11/10/06 09:45 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have had a very positive experience with the 5. I routinely travel in the area with 6 adults. We especially like space available with the two back seats flat - great for grocery shopping! Mileage has been about 23 in city and as much as 39 on the highway. Good ride quality and crisp handling. Experience with dealer has been outstanding.

my Mazda5
By jessica on 11/06/06 12:06 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just what I expected it to be. Great handling, great look, exact amount of room for my family, fun to drive and a great gas mileage and great price for my budget.

My Toy
By Sonia M on 11/02/06 15:33 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For the first 5 or 6 thousand miles you won't be too impressed with the gas mileage you'll get from this little van, but after a while you'll start noticing the real potential of this vehicle. Ours already has over 12K miles and we are getting 23 to 25 mpg in city driving and over 33 mpg in highway driving. I love its interior space, fit and finish. Handling and breaking are surprisingly good, and the 2.3 liter engine feels very peppy. Congratulations to Mazda engineers on this very functional design. My wife say this is her Toy, she loves it!

Not a minivan
By Jim on 10/24/06 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

What I liked about this car most of all was the convenience and features. Handles nicely and is an excellent value. Anyone in the market for a small crossover vehicle needs to see this car.

'06 Mazda5 in Phantom Blue
By PhantomBlue06 on 10/18/06 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A great car with few shortcomings that are easily offset by its long list of standard features. The car looks great on the outside. I did not even know that Mazda makes this model but it caught my eye in the display window as I was passing the dealership. I stopped by and checked out the car. Doors close with a solid thud. Seats are comfortable and fold and recline in may different ways. Full, three row side airbags, moonroof, fog lights, autostick tranny, and 6 cd changer. I had a strict budget to stick to and thought that the car would be too expensive. Imagine my shock when I got this car in TOURING EDITION and still paid under $22K. Drives great and turns on a dime. Excellent car value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.