2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Nice car
By marke on 04/11/07 10:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda 5 has been a great car that I can still fit my family of four in and all of the gear that you need for small children. The only negative that I have had was that the front passenger's seat does not have an armrest.

The total package in one vehicle!
By mr06mz5 on 04/05/07 21:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

All right, it's a minivan that's a 'hoot" to drive. I bought my "5" based on looks, features, color (whitewaterpearl), price and the most important item of all, it's a 5-speed. As I have owned it now for 6 months I am thoroughly pleased with what this vehicle gives me... dirving enjoyment! Mazda really did a great job in the overall design and build of this MAV. I have had no issues as of yet and find the fit and finish is excellent. My only complaint is that mazda didn't make a "speed5" version.

Ownership update!
By Dave on 03/06/07 08:06 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We've owned our 5 for about a year and a half now and I thought I would give a word on a 5 that's been used since we're over the new car excitement. We have 3 kids in car sears and it is used in mainly city traffic or long road trips. This car still drives and handles amazingly. It is a U-turn king and parallel parking is a walk in the park. We have taken multiple road trips from LA to NY in it and it has proved worth the money (that we're still paying) time and time again. We had even packed it up with 7 people and their luggage for a 1500 mile trip and it still drives strong.The cartridge oil filter is VERY easy to change since it is right on the bottom of the engine. Mazda is amazing!

Mazda5 Complaint
By DriverManJones on 03/01/07 22:55 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I’d be filing a Mazda5 complaint, but here it is. Consumer Reports raved about it, so I bought one. What a mistake. If service is even remotely important to you, you will have a Mazda complaint too. My Mazda5 has a bad burning smell coming from the engine into the cabin. It stinks and gives me a headache. I’ve taken it to two different dealerships for service; both simply disagreed with me and refused to do anything. It’s hard to consider any of the pros of this vehicle with this problem present. I was looking forward to a happy experience with this vehicle. The Mazda5 has been a huge disappointment.

Mazda 5
By shoolem on 02/18/07 12:53 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car. Perfect mixture of sporty small car with near-minivan capacity. Handles very nicely and is very easy to parallel park in snug spots!

Love it!
By ABQmom on 02/04/07 17:38 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We love our Mazda5. It fits 6 of us comfortably, but I don't worry about being a gas-guzzling SUV owner. Wish it had an AWD drive option, but otherwise, it meets all my needs. Fits 4-5 best, then it has lots of space in the back for luggage. With all 6 seats occupied, the storage is tight. No problem with acceleration at all (we have the manual transmission) and I've never noticed it dragging. I would highly recommend this car to everyone!

Senior Citizen
By Pep on 01/22/07 10:46 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We chose this vehicle for ease of entry and exit of front and middle row seats and this has proven to be an important feature for senior persons, especially for those with moderate mobility limitations. As senior owners, we have learned to miss having a front passenger arm rest for left arm. Other than for the missing arm rest, we have been very pleased with this vehicle for over 12,000 miles. Mileage ranges between 24 to 29 mpg.

One of a kind
By dad39 on 01/02/07 07:56 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After the birth of our second child we needed more room but not a street-tank. The M5 is in a class of its own. The five speed with a cold-air intake has plenty of power. We generally get 2 MPG over the EPA rating. For what it cost we don't care about the kids trashing it and can still make college fund payments.

A Great Mini Minivan
By Mazdafan on 12/27/06 20:27 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda5 is a great car for the right family. We have two kids and when we add the dog, we are filling the vehicle. We bought a clamshell for long trips and that seemed to solve our problem for space. It drives great, really zippy, and it looks great too! We are very happy with the gas mileage, averaging 23 miles a gallon around town and it's got all the latest safety airbags. I think the Mazda5 is great car and a great value for the money.

terrific combination
By nat on 12/21/06 21:07 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My only gripe is that the engine averages 26-27mpg on my mixed loop. The same engine gives 32 hwy on the Mazda3, but Mazda chose a different ECM chip on the 5. Bummer, would have been nice to get the better mileage at least on the stick shift, where the engine has ample power even under load.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.