2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Pleased for the price
By cumadogg on 11/07/08 00:18 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Pleased with the car - it has served it's purpose as a family transporter for a family with 4 little ones, but it is quickly becoming too small. But for the price, I cannot complain - other than a few minor quality issues, it has been a reliable method of transportation.

New Owner
By saftgek on 11/04/08 20:06 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My wife & I took a '05 Ford Focus to dealership for taillight replacement. Ended up trading for an '06 Mazda 5. Very impressed w/design, detail, delightful appearance (inside & out). Many creature comforts, lots of glass (for great visibility). Audio system very pleasing for our preferences of music. Easily seats 6 adults comfortably. With seats folded down, excellent cargo capacity. Nice hidden storage under seats. Sliding side doors (both sides) are great. Easy access to 2nd & 3rd row seats, without banging shins as in some vehicles. Pretty car.

Good choice for the money
By wolf6561 on 10/17/08 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought our Mazda 5 earlier this year, we were looking for for an economical alternative to an SUV, and this does the job fine. I am 6'3", and the front and second row seats are quite comfortable. The gas mileage is great, the handling is first-rate, and it makes a great family vehicle. My wife picks up our son and 4 neighbor kids from school every day and they love the car. We've also managed to load bicycles, a large dog crate, and have plenty of room left over.

Impressive Car!
By JB on 08/25/08 04:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've come back from a long trip. I drove over 800 miles in just two days on the highway. MPG is 29.8 (impressive), very reliable, strong, solid, quiet, powerful, fun to drive, nimble handling, fuel economy is amazing!!! (29.8 MPG, but, gas tank is a little bit small). Pretty big interior cargo space. I confidently recommend this Mazda 5 to everyone. Thanks Mazda.

Big enough, small enough...
By Jay on 08/24/08 17:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car 2 years ago because it was the only car of it's description sold in this country - smaller than a minivan, but with great space efficiency and the availability of a manual transmission. Pros: Space efficiency, smooth shifting manual transmission, unique exterior, loads of head room, better gas mileage than a minivan. Cons: While we've found it adequate (with tinted windows), AC could be stronger. Engine strains a bit - contrary to report elsewhere, you will NOT get higher than 31 or 32 mpg even under ideal conditions. We average about 28 mpg. Original tires wore out way too quickly (about 20,000 miles).

Love our new (used) Mazda 5!
By zandy on 07/24/08 07:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the 2006 Mazda 5 two months ago after looking at other wagons for a long time. We liked the fold down 2nd and 3rd row seats. It is very similar to a minivan with the 2nd row bucket seats, sliding doors, and slightly elevated drive; but I still call it a wagon because I DID NOT want a minivan. Others complained about the AC/heat, but I think it's great - never turn AC above 2. The car drives great. Overall, I'm not that impressed with the MPG - we've only filled up the car twice in the two months we've had it, but both times it averaged in the low 20s. FYI - we're suburbanites in our 30s and only drive 50 mi/wk.

Small interior
By colleen on 06/23/08 11:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I would never buy this car again. I had to replace the tires, the traction was poor and they leaked after the first year. The third row is to small, no passenger arm rest. The interior can't handle every day use. The dash looks worn after barely two years and the one and only arm rest is totally worn out. Power locks don't work right. The only thing I do like is the sporty feel and look.

Fun to drive, practical, has shortcoming
By chaika on 04/14/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2006 with almost all the options. We have 2 children and regularly carpool two others to school. I like driving the car. It is small and peppy. I love the 5 speed on a minivan.

All good except for interior noise
By Avinash B on 04/09/08 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far 25K miles, going good. Pickup and handling is excellent, very easy and fun to drive. I do however get wind noise seeping through the door frame glass. Has been checked my Mazda several times, looks like a design flaw. Recently, started getting wobbling sound from rear, was told it is the tires getting old.

37000 miles
By 37000 miles on 04/07/08 22:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Another thing, that would improve, the MAZDA5, is, better, tires. My, original, Toyo A18s were good, for 33000 miles, but, they were noisy and spun, too easily, when wet. I replaced, them, with, Bridgestone Serenity, 215/50R 17 95V, tires. The, higher, load index, makes, them, feel, less, vulnerable, less, wet, wheelspin and are a, little, quieter, although, a little, less, sporty, great, for highway driving or dirt roads. The, original, tires, seemed, vulnerable, on a dirt road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.