2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Perfect fit!
By Rhatt on 07/20/05 15:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just picked up my new 5 so I haven't put very many miles on it yet. To my knowledge it is the first one sold in my area. I was looking at the Mazda 3 and Toyota Matrix when I saw the 5 on the lot. The Mazda 5 is much larger inside and out. While I was impressed with both the Matrix and Mazda 3 (I need the cargo space of a small wagon) the 5 has greater space in the passenger and cargos areas. At 6'4" headroom is always an important measurement for me. And even with the moonroof the 5 had 2 to 3 inches more headroom than the smaller wagons. The ride, steering and braking are wonderfully smooth. The engine pulls strong with no vibration. The 3 and the Matrix feel harsh by comparison.

Love this car
By perfectofc on 07/20/05 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 5 and was one of the first in Canada (and North America) to buy it. I've been waiting for this car for a long time - finally someone has the guts to bring a European-style Space Wagon to North America and do it right! This is a great little car. Don't call it a minivan, because it's not. It's a station wagon, or a hatchback. The one thing you need to realise about this car is that you can either carry 6 people OR you can carry 4 and lots of cargo. Engine-wise, it has lots of pep, more than enough for the car. It gets better gas mileage than any other 6- seat vehicle out there. It's also damn fun to drive, especially the 5-speed.

6-passenger Sports Car
By wkennedy on 07/17/05 01:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a combination that's been missing: a crisp-handling stickshift minivan from Japan. (Ok, it's available in automatic, too.) I want a reliable car that's fun to drive, but I don't want to have to rent a truck to bring home a TV or take newspapers to the recycling center. Mazda has taken the compact chassis of the Mazda 3 and mounted a little minivan on it -- the size of a station wagon, but the three-row seating and sliding doors that define a minivan. The performance is not that of a 250hp six, but neither is the gas mileage. Thanks, Mazda, for bringing the 5speed model to the US, not just to Europe. The Mazda 5 is sibling to the spunky Mazda 3, not the sedate Mazda MPV.

Up and coming GEM of a car!
By Hector on 07/13/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This care meets my needs PERFECTLY! Married father with twin boys. Us four are perfectly comfortable in this mini-minivan. If 1 or 2 more board, all I gotta do is flip up the rear seats, strap the kids in & the 2 extra passengers ride like kings in the 2nd row. LOVE the underseat storage in the 2nd row! VERY comfortable car & LOVE the fabric, too. The styling is very Eurochic, sporty, modern & cool. LOVE the ride & handling - surprisingly smooth & responds INSTANTLY to your commands. Very responsive braking & LOVE the automanual tranny - smooth/responsive. The car can be a tad too slow for my taste, but it's still responsive enough and very smooth for a 4 cylinder. Car feels much more expensive!

Awesome Vehicle, Great Concept
By Devon on 07/12/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun. I didn't know what I was going to think of it when it came out. Mazda really did a great job. There is plenty of room for adults in every row, and the stow away storage is cool. I am so glad there is a NON minivan out there that I can fit all my friends into!

New Mazda 5 Sport M5
By MrGary on 07/10/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car on 7 July and so far everything is great. I have almost 200 miles on it but have not had to purchase gas just yet so I don't know how the MPG will be. It is fun to drive and has plenty of room and the sliding back doors make access easy and you don't have to worry about them opening on the street side. The antilock brakes and engine immobilizer make it better for insurance. Over all a very well built car or minivan if you prefer.

Mazda continues to lead the pack
By chicagoaverys on 07/09/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As someone who makes it his business to drive a lot of cars out there, I remain very impressed with Mazda. The Mazda5 is a lot of fun and a lot of functional. I can't wait to to get aftermarket toys. The car doesn't need it, but with Mazda always focusing on the individual, instead of bland mass appeal, like some other imports, it should be fun to tweak. My only problem was having trouble deciding between the Mazda3 five door and the "5". They both have a lot of positives. It is just nice to have a crossover vehicle for those of us who don't want to move into an SUV and aren't willing to give up the fight and settle into a minivan. The "5" is perfect for my family of 4 and a 90 lbs dog.

Great Car! Great Price, nothing like it!
By MWTat BOM on 07/06/05 15:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome car, great price, seats six, hauls like nothing else. Minivan like use, non-minivan look. Must see, must sit, MUST DRIVE! ZOOM-ZOOM!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.