2006 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Tokyo Mini Van
By TanoishiManji on 08/02/05 03:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

An absolute home run by Mazda! Finally a Japanese style "city minivan" has come to the world. This is the perfect minivan to have in Honolulu, or any other major city where space is an issue. It does not compromise on interior space at all, except in the third row seats, which would be ample for young children. A pleasure to drive, with surprising power for a 4 banger, smooth shifting automatic, & ride to match. Tons of carefully thought out details, like under seat storage, table/cooler holder, seats that fold flat with ease, logical controls, courtesy lights, slider doors that make entry easy for your back seaters etc. I drive a S500 as my other car, and I look forward to driving my 5!

Our First Brand New Car
By clownthebobo on 08/02/05 01:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We were looking around for a new car to replace the Expedition for about 1 month. We looked at a few different cars (Pacifica, Maxima, etc.) until we found the 5. It has exactly what we are looking for! Sporty, good looking, easy on gas, safe (a lot of air bags) and room for family of 4 crammed with luggage. We recently did a 100 mile trip to Victoria, BC. and had no complaints. The handling is so wonderful, understeer is very, very minor. The Navigation works great on major roads and highways, but not in rural areas. Easy in and out of the second row via sliding doors are a blessing. We currently have 900 miles on the 5 and are averaging around 400 miles per tank.

I LOVE MY CAR
By Devan on 07/29/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Mazda5 and I am totally in love, it is so much fun to drive and I have gotten so many compliments so far. I love the fact that it drives just like a sports car but can fit so many people. We are going on a vacation soon and I can't wait to drive it that long. It's very comfortable inside and I love the 6 CD. changer. It's a lot of car for a small amount. I'm so glad I decided on this car instead of the RAV4 or Honda CR-V. It's much more unique. So far I was told I am the only one in my area with the Stellar Silver color and I have to say I like that.

Great SUV alternative
By frank4cars on 07/28/05 23:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After test-driving dozens of hatchbacks, wagons, and small sport utes over the past few months and not finding anything that felt "just right," this vehicle appeared out of nowhere at my local Mazda dealer. Small on the outside for easy parking, large on the inside for people or stuff-hauling, car-based for better economy and sure-footed handling, but with a high, commanding seating position like the best SUVs -- this met all my needs. I think Mazda should be praised for introducing Americans to the kind of vehicles that Europeans and Asians have been buying for years but other manufacturers were scared to sell here.

EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED
By drspongklong on 07/28/05 12:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the car I've been waiting for. Un-minivanlike minivan. Perfect size for my family. Beautifully built, luxurious features yet affordable. Mazda got it right. So much fun to drive. Made in Japan so it should be reliable. Am so proud to be one of the first to have it.

Great Mom Car
By whit on 07/27/05 21:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the car I had been looking for but did not know exhisted. When I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for my families' needs. I did not want a clunky mini-van, nor could I afford a gas guzzling, pricy SUV either. The Mazda 5 seats 6 comfortably. I wish the interior were grey rather than black though, because the hot Hawaii sun really heats up the car. Other than that, The Mazda 5 handles curves, and bumps well, and it has a great sound system. Very fun to drive.

Just what I was looking for
By tom on 07/27/05 17:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Picked up last week. Was looking for a vehicle with some storage/cargo capability yet with ability to carry 4 or more passengers, all for about $20K. Had looked at (photo) HHR and PT...but this was it at first sight. First one sold from my dealership.

Awesome!!!
By DrSpongklong on 07/26/05 15:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome vehicle. Un-minivan minivan. Sporty yet practical. Beautifully built yet affordable. Perfect size for small family. Power is just adequate. Very good suspension, quiet and very fun to drive. Made in Japan so it should be reliable.

Goes great with our RX-8!
By HottieMWF34DD on 07/22/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Replaced our Protege5 with this, it is awesome and much better than any of the minivans on the market. We didnt want the lousy gas mileage of an SUV either. It also looks so cool next to the RX-8... both in black, which is the only way I like it... once you go black you never go back!

So far so good
By Daniel on 07/21/05 18:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

At first we weren't sure about getting a 4 cylinder minivan, but we were pleasantly surprised by the power/performance of the 5. My wife wanted a six or seven passenger vehicle, that was not some behemoth SUV. This has everything she wanted, and more (incl. moonroof, 6cd changer, airbags) for under $20k.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.