2006 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Lots of Bang for the Bucks
By r wood on 09/08/05 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is both practical and fun to drive. I've read other reviews stating the vehicle is underpowered, I disagree. The handling is terrific, and it turns on a dime. Storage is very good with the seats folded down. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for good gas mileage, cargo capacity, and enjoys driving a good handling car/van.

Wow, what a good car for a great price!
By mazda5_4_me! on 09/05/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Touring Model comes with a huge standard equipment list, I just needed to add the automatic, with leather wrapped AutoStick. The one touch open moonroof, 17" alloys, low-profile Toyo tires, body painted side sills, mirrors and rear spoiler, projector head lights, clear rear tail lights, stunning styling, perfect paint. Interior is high quality fabric, 6 seats, lots of storage and drink holders, Auto climate control A/C, 225 watt 6 disk CD stereo with 6 speakers and controls on leather tilt/telescope steering wheel, cruise control on wheel too. Sliding side door opens wide for passenger entry. A joy to drive with ABS 4 wheel disk, 4 wheel coil independent suspension. Buy one quick, waiting list soon!

surprizoomzoom
By mike on 09/05/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Essentially a great looking minivan at a great price. Fun to drive, very responsive steering. Cupholders EVERYWHERE. Navigation is very cool. Sliding doors on both sides, very convenient. The 4 cylinder provides plenty of horsepower. Domestic automakers take note. Mazda has their act together. VROOM VROOM.

my zoom zoom
By Kimberly on 08/25/05 20:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I told my husband I didn't want that typical soccer mom look and we both wanted something that was economical for the whole family. We went online to find something that would work for us and came across the Mazda 5. Immediately the next morning we went to a dealership (3 hours from home) and found there were only TWO or THREE Mazda 5's available around this area. We opted for the Mazda Sport which has almost all the features of the touring including the 6 CD changer and sunroof but not the navigation system. We drove it home that same day. The only thing that I can find to improve the Mazda 5 would be a better A/C for the front and back of the vehicle.

ZoomZoom iz good wayz to zay itz!
By mazda5_4me on 08/18/05 01:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Brilliant car, great innovation. Feels like Jetta or Mazda3, tight, firm, no flab, great looks, modern engineering, safety up the wahzoo! Can't believe how it blows the competition away (Matrix, Vibe, Aero SX, Element, Scion, PTCruiser, Chevy HHR, etc.) with the level of standard equipment on the Touring model Automatic. Got $1000 off MSRP, car has easily $2,000 worth of goodies standard that everyone charges extra for. Side curtain air bags all 3 rows, front seat bags, dash bags, ABS, 17" alloys, 4 wheel disk, moon roof, 6 disk CD stereo, tilt/telescopic leather steering wheel and gearknob. Fog lights, Auto temp A/C, storage bins everywhere! Impressive Japanese fit and finish, too!

Fun to see, fun to drive
By coolmazda5 on 08/13/05 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a sporty car but my wife didn't. Once we saw the Mazda5 we found the perfect balance. Very European for American style taste, but that makes it stand out of the crowd.

Sport-car like - - - minivan wagon?
By Alex on 08/11/05 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, what a car!!!!!!! Originally, looked around and found wagons with only 2 rows of seats. Looked at minivans, they are too big and hard to park on the street. Gee, saw an ad and went to the Mazda dealership. It looks very very sporty in person. A test-drive made me fall in love with the easy-to-use navigator, little body roll for its side around corners, good acceleration & I like the sport-shift feature of the AT. Man, enough room for really 6 adults & lots of storages & cup holders. Even got leather seat as an aftermarket add-on. Really nice. BTW, nice mpg for my first 2 tanks. Gee, can't wait to get some nice 18" wheelers and spoiler lip!!!!! Mazda rocks!!

First Generation Odyssey Replacement
By stan on 08/09/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Replacement for our 10 year old 1st generation Honda Odyssey (bought new). I was struck by the nearly identical specifications, etc. Physical size, wheelbase, engine size, output, seats, even MPG is identical.

The best vehicle out there!
By Geo on 08/04/05 23:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just traded in my 3 hatch for a 5 Sport and am so happy I did. This car, like the 3, just exceeds any and all expectations in every way. That is how I felt about the 3 - but they have improved some things and the car feels bigger. It's quieter, smoother, still tight, plus all the room is unbelievable. My 2 kids are under 4 and one is in second row, one in 3rd row - that way you can still sit with them and use the cubby under one seat for toys! Mind boggling the space inside - it doesn't look that big from outside ... elegant, sleek ... classy inside and out. I love the cloth and dash; it just works for me as do all the new Mazdas.

It Just Feels Right
By Richard lawrence on 08/03/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Before Mazda went zoom-zoom, their slogan was "it just feels right." And that is exactly the way I feel about the Mazda5. Ordinarily you like a car that is well defined and has a specific purpose like the two seat sports car or the traditional minivan. However, the Mazda5 is one of those cars that is difficult to categorize. Is it a minivan or is it a wagon? Sure, it has sliding doors and three rows of seats like a minivan, but it is also compact and sporty like many of today's wagons. It even comes with a manual transmission. Imagine, the versatility of a minivan in a very unminivan like appearance. That's what makes the Mazda5 feel so right.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.