2006 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Good car for price
By Newbie on 11/03/05 18:40 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good car for the sticker price. I found that the handling was good and the "power power" rating is incorrect. The AC could be more powerful. This is my second minivan & I am not complaining.

Major problem
By Steve on 10/28/05 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Major recall due to an exhaust/transmission design flaw which can cause the vehicle to catch on fire. After driving the car for three weeks, I have been without the car for almost six weeks while Mazda tries to fix the problem. Stay away from this vehicle until the bugs are worked out.

We Love this Car!
By painter on 10/27/05 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We went to our dealer unhappily thinking our lives required a minivan. My husband said MPV or nothing. What's this one? It's such a wonderful compromise between the minivan and my now-too-small Protege. And the price is AMAZING. All the features my husband "had to have" on my car including the Pearl White color. Mazda's response to the public recall has been more than professional. We weren't happy to part with our car, but we feel the company is committed to our safety and am pleased they provided a replacement car. The car is quite zippy and very easy to handle. We have yet to see another on the road although we heard that they're selling fast.

Sweet Package
By prulex on 10/14/05 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a cross between an SUV (of which I've owned 2) and a station wagon. I've found it...the only one in its class. If you're looking for a 7-seater...the 5 is not for you. If you're looking for a compact 6-seater with awesome features and looks, consider the 5. So far, I'm impressed with its fit and finish and interior comfort level.

I am not a soccer mom!
By Heather on 09/21/05 17:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car! I am not someone who is into cars so it surprises me how much I enjoy driving it. We took a family vacation and drove 1600 miles round trip with 2 small children and it handled well and was just the right size. I haven't seen any others on the road and I am shocked. The price is excellent!

M.A.V. elous
By islandreamer on 09/18/05 22:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Liked it the first time I saw it. Knowing that underneath its skin it comes from the popular Mazda 3 just reinforced my eagerness to drive and own one. Great looks inside/out. Excellent driving position with available tilt/telescopic steering. Much needed gas mileage rating. This one gets heads turning.

Awesome & Different
By CLJ on 09/17/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was considering a bland Honda Accord until I ran across the Mazda5 on Edmunds. This is a fun fun fun car to drive and it's certainly not your run of the mill vehicle. I love the handling, the "zippyness", and the build quality. The versatility of seating options is also great. I bought a base Sport model with just auto transmission as an option and couldn't be happier. Traded in a hulking SUV (13 mpg) and am getting 25 mpg in the city so far.

Just ... amazing!
By David on 09/15/05 16:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It's as if Mazda looked into the future, saw my family, its needs, and wants, and built a car around them. Seating room, extreme comfort, sporty performance, incredible handling, good gas mileage, good looks, great features and safety, and a ride that makes you feel like you are gliding over the road, with a low price tag. It's not only a sensible, but fun alternative to a soccer mom minivan. Mazda ... I love you!

Wow, what a car, what a price!
By mumsiev on 09/14/05 02:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Mazda 5 this weekend after looking at it for over a month. I am the first one to own it in my county and boy do I get some strange looks. I don't think people know what to think of it. I got it in the Stellar Silver Green color which is quite spacey, but I love it. The moms I have shown it to want to go buy one today. There is no other car out there with the size, looks, comfort, options and style for the money. No one can believe how little I paid for it. I think the Mazda 5 will be a big hit - sell your big SUV and ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

Nice gas-sipper that sits 6
By giveucolorcc on 09/09/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my old Ford Windstar for this car. Given that the gas prices have been soaring for the past few months (and they will continue to soar), I chose this car because it has the space I need and the fuel economy I want. I bought the Touring edition with automatic transmission. Lots of people are saying that a 4 cylinder engine is too small for this type of car. I've been lugging around my family of 4 for a week now and I found the power to be more than adequate. The transmission is very smooth and responsive. Both exterior and interior qualities are excellent. Overall, it's a great car for the price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.