Used 2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:

Great Use of Space!
By Hagios

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have had a very positive experience with the 5. I routinely travel in the area with 6 adults. We especially like space available with the two back seats flat - great for grocery shopping! Mileage has been about 23 in city and as much as 39 on the highway. Good ride quality and crisp handling. Experience with dealer has been outstanding.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, handing and ability to seat 6 adults.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a better radio.

my Mazda5
By jessica

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just what I expected it to be. Great handling, great look, exact amount of room for my family, fun to drive and a great gas mileage and great price for my budget.

Favorite Features

I love the slap shifter, moon roof, and the overall uniqueness of the vehicle. Gas mileage is great. My family is too big for a car, vans and suvs are over priced and gas mileage is horrible so the gas mileage in Mazda5 is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

Would have to add arm rests, rear air and more color choices for interior. Also need 6 cylinder and standard tinted windows.

My Toy
By Sonia M

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For the first 5 or 6 thousand miles you won't be too impressed with the gas mileage you'll get from this little van, but after a while you'll start noticing the real potential of this vehicle. Ours already has over 12K miles and we are getting 23 to 25 mpg in city driving and over 33 mpg in highway driving. I love its interior space, fit and finish. Handling and breaking are surprisingly good, and the 2.3 liter engine feels very peppy. Congratulations to Mazda engineers on this very functional design. My wife say this is her Toy, she loves it!

Favorite Features

Good power to weight ratio, excellent brakes, and by far the best handling minivan in the market. Interior fit and finish is very good for a vehicle of this price range. Sliding doors on both sides give this minivan great entry / exit versatility.

Suggested Improvements

Cool air distribution around the cabin should be improved. Florida summers are very hot, and sometimes, even with the A/C at max cool, third row seat passengers sweat.

Not a minivan
By Jim

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

What I liked about this car most of all was the convenience and features. Handles nicely and is an excellent value. Anyone in the market for a small crossover vehicle needs to see this car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs an iPod / MP3 input. Also needs additional power outlets. Existing one in an inconvenient location.

'06 Mazda5 in Phantom Blue
By PhantomBlue06

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A great car with few shortcomings that are easily offset by its long list of standard features. The car looks great on the outside. I did not even know that Mazda makes this model but it caught my eye in the display window as I was passing the dealership. I stopped by and checked out the car. Doors close with a solid thud. Seats are comfortable and fold and recline in may different ways. Full, three row side airbags, moonroof, fog lights, autostick tranny, and 6 cd changer. I had a strict budget to stick to and thought that the car would be too expensive. Imagine my shock when I got this car in TOURING EDITION and still paid under $22K. Drives great and turns on a dime. Excellent car value.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls, folding seats, moonroof, auto-stick tranny.

Suggested Improvements

Side armrest for front passenger. Perhaps traction control. Tint the windows in the back. Bumper step plate should be standard. iPod plug-in should also come standard in this day and age.