Used 2006 Mazda 5 Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Mazda 5 has Zoom Zoom
By Trentonhodges

2006 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is car is just the right size for all my needs. The seats fold down to create more room than I ever expected and when they are up they give me extra space for my girls and their friends. The great thing is that it drives and parks like a car while giving me the space of a larger size minivan or SUV.

The one thing it is missing is a passenger side arm rest in the middle.

Excellent car for a growing family
By Paula

2006 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car because we had our third child on the way. It has been terrific! The seating configuration is very flexible and works well. We took one long trip across country with the car and it was great. The girls loved it. It has decent storage, though that goes away with the third row of seats up. It will be tough to get everything in on our next trip, but the small size outside and the large size inside is great for now.

Seating configuration, small size (great for parking), sliding rear doors, sporty feel and look. Fun to drive!

More storage (somewhere?).

Great Use of Space!
By Hagios

2006 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have had a very positive experience with the 5. I routinely travel in the area with 6 adults. We especially like space available with the two back seats flat - great for grocery shopping! Mileage has been about 23 in city and as much as 39 on the highway. Good ride quality and crisp handling. Experience with dealer has been outstanding.

Gas mileage, handing and ability to seat 6 adults.

Could use a better radio.

my Mazda5
By jessica

2006 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just what I expected it to be. Great handling, great look, exact amount of room for my family, fun to drive and a great gas mileage and great price for my budget.

I love the slap shifter, moon roof, and the overall uniqueness of the vehicle. Gas mileage is great. My family is too big for a car, vans and suvs are over priced and gas mileage is horrible so the gas mileage in Mazda5 is perfect.

Would have to add arm rests, rear air and more color choices for interior. Also need 6 cylinder and standard tinted windows.

My Toy
By Sonia M

2006 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For the first 5 or 6 thousand miles you won't be too impressed with the gas mileage you'll get from this little van, but after a while you'll start noticing the real potential of this vehicle. Ours already has over 12K miles and we are getting 23 to 25 mpg in city driving and over 33 mpg in highway driving. I love its interior space, fit and finish. Handling and breaking are surprisingly good, and the 2.3 liter engine feels very peppy. Congratulations to Mazda engineers on this very functional design. My wife say this is her Toy, she loves it!

Good power to weight ratio, excellent brakes, and by far the best handling minivan in the market. Interior fit and finish is very good for a vehicle of this price range. Sliding doors on both sides give this minivan great entry / exit versatility.

Cool air distribution around the cabin should be improved. Florida summers are very hot, and sometimes, even with the A/C at max cool, third row seat passengers sweat.

• SUV