2006 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Great Car for the Money
By jazb4 on 12/04/05 00:14 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda 5 for 2 weeks. Gas mileage is awesome compared to my gas guzzling SUV. I'm averaging 24 in the city and a recent drive to Los Angeles from San Diego was about 30mpg's. I couldn't be happier. This is not a luxury vehicle by any means, but if you like practical, this is the car. If you're tall or bigger you might feel it's too small. Getting my kids in and out is easy with the sliding doors on each side. I haven't had any issues with power. It gets up hills without any problems and merges on to freeways fine. So far this car is great for the price! I hope to get reliability over the years as it's too early to tell. Also would like to know how it does in crash tests.

FInally got our Mazda5!
By agron on 12/02/05 19:23 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After waiting 2 months we finally got our car. We had purchased it right before the recall so we didn't even see it until a week ago. This car drives smoother than any other vehicle I've driven. It has tons of zip yet lots of space in the interior. What a difference compared to our 1999 Ford Windstar that just died on us. The Mazda5 is also very quiet in the interior. I've almost turned the key not realizing it was on. And on the highway it performs well and is a quiet ride. I'm also impressed with how little gas this vehicle uses. After having a Windstar (glug, glug) I don't have to gas up as often. In the week I've driven I've only had to fill up once and I drive a lot.

Great, but not a Road Car
By DGF on 11/30/05 23:24 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a base model manual with no options. I’ve had it for 2 weeks & 2675 mostly road trip miles. Great value, but one major negative: unsupportive driver’s seat caused back pain after a few hours, despite adjustable lumbar support. Never had the problem in my recent road cars (Civics & a VW Golf).

A Revolutionary Vehicle
By Louisville family on 11/26/05 14:58 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is an amazing vehicle that hopefully represents the future of car design! Fuel efficiency, sportiness, family friendliness, wise use of space all converge in the Mazda5. As a small family with one child that loves to take road trips, this is our dream car. If you're committed to being a responsible driver (using less gas), but want comfort, performance, and room; rush to your Mazda dealer now!

MPG better than rated
By BEN on 11/19/05 20:47 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We have 2000 miles on our MAZDA5 and have carefully monitored the gas mileage. We consistently get over 30 mpg on the highway, and that's cruising at 75. City is about 26. These numbers are about 4 mpg better than the government rating. And despite being slightly underpowered we love our 5. Interior configuration is brilliant with no wasted space. Our only complaint is that Mazda decided not to offer Stability Control that is available in the Japanese & European version. We would have gladly paid extra for that important safety feature.

Great!
By winnie on 11/16/05 20:41 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We love this car/minivan! Lots of fun to drive and has a surprising amount of room!

Minivan Meets Sports Car
By klepto on 11/15/05 17:46 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

If you have a young family, you're hip, you want economy, reliability, something with soul, and don't want to look "tied down", then this is the car for you. My wife drives this thing, and I can't wait to drive around the corners on the weekend. Although this car has a ton of utility, I drive for sport, which speaks tons if you want to avoid the mediocrity out there. With respect to the recall, don't let that scare you. Everything is being recalled nowadays. I have a current generation Honda CRV that was also recalled with a similar fire hazard. It was recalled and fixed. No Big Deal. In fact Mazda's service topped Honda, because, not only did the give us a rental, but $500 on top! WOW!

So far so good
By mike on 11/07/05 16:52 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Had the vehicle for about 1000 miles now and I really like the thought that went into it. Finally found a vehicle that had what I was looking for without paying the premium price. Fuel mileage is nearly 30 on the highway but I don't drive it hard. Handling is great. Even considering the recall I still love it. My only complaints are things that should be easy to resolve.

Thanks to the recall I got one at cost
By Dan on 11/07/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went and test drove it, loved it and bought it the same evening. Because of Edmunds I was aware of the recall and played hardball ... got an all option Touring with Nav/5M/Red for $20,450. I overall love it.

Good car for price
By Newbie on 11/03/05 18:40 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good car for the sticker price. I found that the handling was good and the "power power" rating is incorrect. The AC could be more powerful. This is my second minivan & I am not complaining.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.