1 Month Test Pt. 1
By the_hero87 on
2006 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Had the car for about a month. I'm taking a trip next week from WI to Washington D.C. I'll write another review when I get back. I bought my 06 Mazda5 with just over 82K miles. I've driven about 1,000mi and I haven't had anything happen with the car that I feel makes this vehicle any less than a 5/5. The couple of things I noticed where: I had to pop in one of the plastic fillers where the fog lights are, as mine doesn't have that option and it popped out. I also did notice that, no, it isn't the best in the snow. But it's a 4 cylinder wagon, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!? But I know with a good set of snow tires, she'll do just fine. Ample fuel mileage, about 23cty, 28hwy.
Favorite Features
I really like the interior. The seats and console, all built nicely. I bought the car with future family in mind. For now, there are only 2-4 adults riding in it for the most part. I keep the 3rd row folded down for now for extra cargo space. People are right, the 3rd row isn't fit for an adult. But remember you bought a mini-mini van. You want ample room in the 3rd row, should have bought an actual mini van. Overall I like where the cup holders, storage, etc are placed. I also like the 6-disc cd changer. The sound system is nice, although I will upgrade with higher end speakers soon.
Suggested Improvements
The interior lights are bit dim at night, so brighten those a bit. Also the cigarette lighter is a bit too low and hidden. Make that higher. For me, it gets good fuel economy, but I can see how people may not like it. For a 4 cylinder, it isn't the best, and it could be better. A design flaw is no arm rest on the front passenger seat. I don't get that. I'll write another review when I return from my trip