2014 Mazda Mazda3 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - BEST CAR EVER!!

2014 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Review

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

BEST CAR EVER!!
By lancelot0720 on

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I went from a BMW 325i to this and do not miss it at all. It turns with no effort and no body roll even taking a turn at 40 mph! I drive about 30 miles a day and I average 32 mpg having a mixed road type (7 miles city, 23 highway) and it takes me about 2 weeks to get to empty. Ever since I got it, I have never spent more than $35 to fill it up on regular where as the BMW cost about $70-$80 on premium. The infotainment does get a little used to but its mostly simple. I have the feature where it can read my text messages while I'm driving (Doesn't show you the actual message for safety reasons) and it works fine with an iPhone 5c.

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING! The 2.0 motor has a lot of passing power unlike my wife's civic which screams for power. Handling is a dream, it is so balanced and makes the daily work trip a joy. The ride is nice for such a lightweight car, better than anything in its class. Mine came with the technology package so it has blind-spot monitoring and a backup camera with little motion sensors (not like back up sensors) that help if I'm in between two big SUVs or something. The seats are nice and comfy, a little stiff but it gives a nice sporty effect. I have never owned a hatchback before and I never realized how great it is to have a rear wiper!

Suggested Improvements

There is quite a it road noise from the wheel wells but that's a Mazda thing. I got used to it after a couple of days. The Bose sound system is nice but its not as nice as the BMW's standard sound system. The car and design is more focused on the driver than anything else. Sometimes I can hear a rattle in the door when the Bose front woofers are going off. Other than those nit pick things its a great car.