Great car!
By krisskross on
2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
This is the second Mazda I have owned. I was car hunting and decided to take a look at Mazda after looking at the other brands. The first thing that got me was the redesigned look. The previous models look good (better than the protege i had) but this new design looks real good. I thought I end up with the 2.5L engine so I have that extra power to it, but after test driving the 2.0L model, I figure i didn't need it. This is the same engine that goes into their CX-5 CUV model. So with this engine in a much lighter frame, it has a lot of zip to it .
Favorite Features
1)The redesigned look- Much more appealing look (I honestly think it looks a little like the Lexus IS and ES models) 2) Handling- My old Mazda Protege had some great handles, and the 3 handles just as well. The electronic steering makes it have a really light feel. 3) Lots of standard features. While i lost out on some of the features, I got most of the good ones in IGT model. Plus the leather trim interior feels real nice and comfy. 4) Blind spot monitoring and rear-view camera- Very handy to have. I never drove a car with a rear-view camera and at first thought having a fish-eye lens was a bit weird, but it's easy to get use to and use after a few tries.
Suggested Improvements
Infotainment system- I don't mind the way it looks. Mazda intentionally put it there so that it's easy to see. I just thought I list it cause the infotainment system froze up on me twice so far, and when it freezes up,there goes your music, phone, and navigation features. However, Mazda has released an update that seems to have fixed it. The only other really annoying thing is that the touch screen capability turns off when your in motion. I get it if i was the only one in the car, but if there was someone sitting in the front seat, they could look up things on the Navi unit, so while I appreciate Mazda looking out for the driver, think they went a bit far on this one.