2014 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Disappointing gas mileage

2014 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Disappointing gas mileage
By drivesalotfl on

2014 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful and fun to drive, but I haven't gotten near the advertised gas mileage, and that's the main reason I bought the car. I went for a 6 cylinder SUV to this, and the average mileage isn't all that much better. I even took it back to the dealer thinking something was wrong with the monitoring system, but they insisted it was accurate. I am lucky to get 29 MPG on the highway. I have also had issues with the Infotainment system - similar to those published by others in various forums - GPS system all of a sudden fails, doesn't recognize commands, fade has to be set all the way to the rear to get any sound out of the rear speakers.

Favorite Features

Looks - it's a very eye catching car and I like the screen being raised.

Suggested Improvements

Get the bugs out of the Infotainment system and educate people on how to do the updates. Apparently these issues were well known by Mazda before I purchased the car in late December, and they should have updated the system prior to selling it. Now I have to do it, the service center doesn't do these updates.
By diehard080
on 03/10/14 02:34 AM (PDT)

After reading your review more carefully it appears that it's likely you don't even own thus vehicle. As I have been writing and reading car reviews for years . The one big thing I see is lack of specificity in what is actually wrong with the car ? I mean claiming that the mileage is not good is a range of possible issues usually the driver . But on the electronics you claim it's got bugs ? Really what bugs ? An owner that has issues will always get specific about the problems . Then when it comes to likes , you say the looks ? This is not the words of a Mazda 3 owner , as this car out Handles and performs everything in its class and several above . Yes you should have. Purchased a mazda they are solid reliable performers .