2014 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: First time Mazda Owner

2014 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

First time Mazda Owner
By justinjustin on

2014 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car rocks!!! I traded in my 2010 Infiniti M35s - excellent car - but wanted something smaller, good looking, better on the gas mileage (main reason) but still spirited and responsive. I opted for the top of the line S Grand Touring hatchback with tech package that includes IELoop, LED brake lights, Bi-Xenon headlights, NAV, blink spot warning, etc...in pearl white. Overall I am extremely impressed with the quality of materials inside and it's handling characteristics. Driver feedback is good and it grips the road extremely well. Came with 18" stock wheels. It is just as much fun to drive than my Infiniti. The 2.5L motor is REQUIRED if you want a spirited, more aggressive experience.

It was more technology than my former Infiniti M class did. Includes NAV with voice recognition that is quicker and easier to use than the one in my Infiniti. The screen itself is just the right size. So far I'm liking the blink spot warning system, compensates well for the limited visibility outside of the side/rear. All leather seating with firm bolstering all around - nice job Mazda! Love the LED taillights - gives the car an upscale look and feel. Headlights are aggressive and sharp. The ride quality isn't what you would expect out of a compact class car - ride is firm, aggressive, and smooth/quiet on the road bumps, again, NICE JOB MAZDA!

Instrument panel information screens are too small in my opinion - consider going back to all analog or making bigger. Heads up display definitely helps the problem. Integrated traffic with the NAV (although it has a separate screen for traffic reporting it would be better to have this info on the NAV screen). Add electric seat controls on the passenger seat. Add electric lumbar on premium model. Add electric steering column adjustment with memory to the premium model. Helps with getting in and out of the car. Offer Almond leather / White Pearl color combo.
By krisskross
on 01/27/14 21:53 PM (PST)

Wasn't the S trims suppose to come with the white leather and black trim leather seats as standard? Thought that was odd i didn't see it in every S trim.