2014 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Luxury build, Mazda Pricing

2014 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

s Grand Touring Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Luxury build, Mazda Pricing
By mazda3dallas on

2014 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I trade in for a new car every 2 years so have lots of comparison. My last car was a BMW Z4 and this car handles just as well but with better interior build quality and runs on Reg unleaded. I'm glad I got the upgraded 3S engine b/c it never feels underpowered, its quite quick. I love all the standard GT features, but didn't opt for the tech package as I don't want my car bossing me around, let alone the added cost. I just completed a 300 mile highway road trip and got 37.8 MPG, driving 70-85mph.
However, MPG for me drops considerably in city driving around Dallas as I average 25-26 in town.
I've had no problems with Mazda Connect or Navigation, everything works flawlessly for me.

I love the overall quality of the interior, it feels really high end and seats and leather seats are really comfortable. I'm a large build guy and 6'1 and fit great. The heads up display is a nice touch and the center console controls for communications/NAV/audio works fantastic. Everything seems very intuitive and keeps my eyes on the road. After reading comments and reviews I was uncertain whether or not I'd like the top mounted LCD screen, but have to say it's my favorite feature after getting use to the car. It keeps the dash really uncluttered and is the perfect position for driving and using all the screen features.

I was disappointed that the top level package on the largest engine has no option for Homelink/garage opener. With all the high tech features this seems like a huge oversight. Also, cabin storage is really right, the center console compartment can't hold much at all. I'd recommend a foot controlled emergency break and enlarging the center console.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review