2014 Mazda Mazda3 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 4,000 miles in a month!!

2014 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Review

s Grand Touring Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

4,000 miles in a month!!
By kfishy76 on

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Yes this car is that fun to drive while also being frugal. I'm averaging 35mpg combined. The sport mode when left in drive shifts like a dual clutch (it keeps it's torque converter locked all the time) the interior could be at home in a German sedan. It gets looks everywhere. Basically a smaller Mazda 6. Only complaint is the almond leather which stains on the left thigh bolster from jeans. I clean it once a week. Side mirrors are noisy due to wind (they are big!) sometimes the voice recognition for nav doesn't understand a full address. Sunroof is noisy at freeway speeds when open. Can be pricy fully loaded like mine. Close to $30k. But it's a lot of car for $$ refined, sporty & FUN!!!

Favorite Features

Bose Audio. Radar cruise. Auto door locks when walking away from car. Auto High beams. LED exterior lighting. The oil life % meter. I'm at 4,000 miles and drive conservative and still have 70% life left.

Suggested Improvements

Needs pockets in the doors and not just a bottle holder cubby. Needs a coin tray on the left side of steering wheel somewhere. Piano black trim around the shift level/command knob needs to be the stainless steel trim like on dash or something else. It's a dust and fingerprint magnet. I'm OCD however :-/. Higher quality leather. The reach travel for the steering wheel needs more. I'm 6'4 and seat is all the way back and so steering wheel needs to be able to come closer. The sensitivity on the auto lights is too sensitive. They come on in my garage with doors open and windows with the blinds raised on a sunny day!! Wish the 2.5 took conventional oil. 0w-20 is synthetic. Oil changes are $50.