2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great car!
By krisskross on 01/27/14 21:31 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is the second Mazda I have owned. I was car hunting and decided to take a look at Mazda after looking at the other brands. The first thing that got me was the redesigned look. The previous models look good (better than the protege i had) but this new design looks real good. I thought I end up with the 2.5L engine so I have that extra power to it, but after test driving the 2.0L model, I figure i didn't need it. This is the same engine that goes into their CX-5 CUV model. So with this engine in a much lighter frame, it has a lot of zip to it .

Completely satisfied and utterly impressed
By nld on 01/27/14 18:23 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Tough to review this car in 700 characters, but look at me go wasting them. This is a great car. It's faster than I thought it would be. The automatic gearbox is terrific. The sport mode and paddle shifters are awesome. I averaged 38.5 mpg on my drive from the Bay Area to San Diego (mostly on the highway) and I get probably 28 mpg around town, so it's definitely fuel efficient. The interior is great and so is the exterior. Feels very deluxe. Only put 1.5k on it thus far, so I can't speak for reliability or value, but from what I hear Mazda's do alright in those categories.

Awesome
By jdgrn8 on 01/16/14 20:32 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent car. 2.0L 6M Touring w/o infotainment system. Handling is precise, enabled by a decent engine and slick manual tranny, Performed admirably in the great Buffalo blizzard of 2014. ESC was great. AVG 39MPG on the highway, and 34MPG in mixed driving. Noise is minimal for the class. Ride is superior for the class--feels like a luxury sedan. Standard radio/speaker is plenty for audio. I test drove the $1600 technology package and was not impressed. Most of that value can be covered by any decent smart phone. Overall an excellent, reliable vehicle, that excels as a true driver's car. If you want to love your commute and not break the bank, pick up a Mazda 3.

Exciting car to drive!
By mars54 on 01/15/14 12:36 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first Mazda I have owned I decided to get one after my wife had bought a mazda cx 5 and I enjoyed the way it drove. I really love the way my Mazda 3s handles and how it seems to be a much more expensive car than it is.I love engaging the sport feature with the 2.5 engine the acceleration and handling are amazing!

Big Step Up for Its Class: The Poor Man's Beemer
By nfp on 01/06/14 10:32 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My brand new 2014 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring Sedan is my 5th Mazda, and by far the best of a good lot from the highly consumer- and critic-rated series released between 2006 and 2013. At this early juncture, so far this model -- entirely re-designed from front to back outside and inside – appears to be every bit as good as claimed by the automotive reviews that have lauded it as best in the compact class. I chose the classy, sporty-looking sedan over the odd-shaped hatchback that I don’t feel – and most critics agree – is anywhere near as nice-looking. I LOVE this baby to the point that even after my long daily commute to work from near Annapolis, MD to-and-from downtown Washington, DC, I don’t

Infotainment problems
By alanjd on 11/14/13 06:07 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

One of the main reasons I choose the Mazda3 was to have email and text read out to me for safety reason. The feature doesn't work on Iphones and most other phones as promised by the dealer. I checked the site after buying and could not find a phone where email worked and only a couple where text worked Contact import is useless. It brings in the suggested names contacts from the phone. These do not have phone numbers or addresses so they are useless. It is limited to 1000 contacts so most real contacts do not get loaded. Can't get anyone in support to tell me if this will be fixed or if I am stuck using SIRI for calls and GPS addresses.

2014 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring Sedan Makeover: The Poor Man’s Luxury Sport Car
By nfp on 11/07/13 07:42 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 5th Mazda and by far the best of a good lot. At this early juncture, so far this model, entirely re-designed from front to back outside and inside, appears to be every bit as good as claimed by the automotive reviews that have lauded it as best in the compact class. I chose the classy, sporty-looking sedan over the odd-shaped hatchback that I don’t feel is anywhere near as nice-looking. This car looks, feels and drives a class above others in the compact class, which is good because at the S Grand Touring trim level it's more expensive. It's also more comfortable to ride in than my two previous 3s (2008 and 2010). My buns thank Mazda because the ride is still firm.

This is the compact car you're looking for
By eserna on 11/01/13 22:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The 2014 Mazda 3 is an eye-catching car. That's enough to get you in the door. Once you sit down and take it for a spin, you realize there's not much reason to look at the competition. It's fun to drive, loaded with tech at your discretion, good on gas, and, oh yeah, it's the best looking car in its class. I purchased the i-touring sedan in Soul Red with the technology package, and I couldn't be happier. With over a thousand miles on it already, I've been averaging a shade over 35mpg overall in mostly highway driving, with a couple more conscientious drives hitting the magic 40mpg mark. While the price may be a shade higher than others in its class, consider it enjoyment tax.

A new kind of compact
By accord7 on 10/22/13 06:09 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Forget everything you know about compact cars. I traded in my 2013 Mazda 3 for the just released 2014, and it's a totally different kind of car. Interior is fitted with high-end materials for the dash and controls, and feels more like a luxury car. The handling and suspension are both top rate... you can be aggressive with your drive with good steering feel, and the harshness of the prior model has all been eliminated. The 2.0 engine is fine for day to day driving, but it lags a little when full power is required.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*