2014 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Luxury build, Mazda Pricing
By mazda3dallas on 05/13/14 19:05 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I trade in for a new car every 2 years so have lots of comparison. My last car was a BMW Z4 and this car handles just as well but with better interior build quality and runs on Reg unleaded. I'm glad I got the upgraded 3S engine b/c it never feels underpowered, its quite quick. I love all the standard GT features, but didn't opt for the tech package as I don't want my car bossing me around, let alone the added cost. I just completed a 300 mile highway road trip and got 37.8 MPG, driving 70-85mph. However, MPG for me drops considerably in city driving around Dallas as I average 25-26 in town. I've had no problems with Mazda Connect or Navigation, everything works flawlessly for me.

BEST CAR EVER!!
By lancelot0720 on 04/27/14 19:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I went from a BMW 325i to this and do not miss it at all. It turns with no effort and no body roll even taking a turn at 40 mph! I drive about 30 miles a day and I average 32 mpg having a mixed road type (7 miles city, 23 highway) and it takes me about 2 weeks to get to empty. Ever since I got it, I have never spent more than $35 to fill it up on regular where as the BMW cost about $70-$80 on premium. The infotainment does get a little used to but its mostly simple. I have the feature where it can read my text messages while I'm driving (Doesn't show you the actual message for safety reasons) and it works fine with an iPhone 5c.

Fun to drive, good on gas
By sunnyvegas on 04/16/14 10:02 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Fun to drive. Good on gas mileage. Not quite what it says for combo driving. Get average 30 with mostly hwy. Took a long trip with no heat/little AC and got 40/41. (Using the heat/seat warmers will lower the MPG quite a bit if the "average this drive" mpg's is accurate) Paid quite a bit more for Navigation (which I didn't really want) and heated seats & they still can't fix the tech package even after update. Majority of time I can't use the touchscreen. And although seats still heat, they are not working like they were at first. I purchased it in Dec, and so far no problems engine wise. So if this car is reliable long-term, I will still be happy.

Meant to Be
By rdouble on 04/06/14 14:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Mazda 6 in Jan 2014. Unfortunately, I was hit by a van which slid and hit me on my door. Safe Car! but damaged beyond repair. I decided, in its replacement to get a 2014 Mazda 3 4 door sedan Touring; . I have to say it was meant to be. This car practically drives itself; I feel the road, I feel safe and I enjoy driving again!. Its beyond perfect for me and I am so thankful to Mazda for producing such a gem of a vehicle!

4,000 miles in a month!!
By kfishy76 on 03/16/14 12:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Yes this car is that fun to drive while also being frugal. I'm averaging 35mpg combined. The sport mode when left in drive shifts like a dual clutch (it keeps it's torque converter locked all the time) the interior could be at home in a German sedan. It gets looks everywhere. Basically a smaller Mazda 6. Only complaint is the almond leather which stains on the left thigh bolster from jeans. I clean it once a week. Side mirrors are noisy due to wind (they are big!) sometimes the voice recognition for nav doesn't understand a full address. Sunroof is noisy at freeway speeds when open. Can be pricy fully loaded like mine. Close to $30k. But it's a lot of car for $$ refined, sporty & FUN!!!

Zoom Zoom
By zstardust on 03/03/14 05:55 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I'm enjoying driving my 2014 Mazda 3. It's taken awhile to adjust to the sight lines, which are not nearly as good (due to low ground clearance) as my prior SUV. The tradeoff is much better gas mileage, though as others have noted, I haven't achieved nearly the mileage I expected (roughly 30 mpg combined). Ride is much quieter and softer than I expected. Handles like a nimble sports car. Stick with the basics, and add on your own aftermarket bells and whistles for a great car under $20K.

Disappointing gas mileage
By drivesalotfl on 02/21/14 11:15 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful and fun to drive, but I haven't gotten near the advertised gas mileage, and that's the main reason I bought the car. I went for a 6 cylinder SUV to this, and the average mileage isn't all that much better. I even took it back to the dealer thinking something was wrong with the monitoring system, but they insisted it was accurate. I am lucky to get 29 MPG on the highway. I have also had issues with the Infotainment system - similar to those published by others in various forums - GPS system all of a sudden fails, doesn't recognize commands, fade has to be set all the way to the rear to get any sound out of the rear speakers.

Love This 3
By fluffyan on 02/17/14 10:02 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this 2014 Mazda 3 for two months, have a little over 1,000 miles on it. So far, I am very happy with it, although I wish it got closer to the 30 mpg rating. I looked at Toyotas, Scion FR-S, and checked online on Fords, Chevys, and Nissans. The Mazda 3 manual is so much more fun to drive than anything else I drove, and it met most of my other criteria. I had driven a Camry stick for the last 12 years. The Mazda 3 is a little smaller, but also quicker and way, way more fun. It has a little more style than the same-old-same-old looks of most sedans. I am getting 26mpg, wanted more, but I recommend this car!

Great Car
By mikejohn on 01/30/14 18:23 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Replaced my 2010!GTI and I love everything about this car especially Interior, Features, Performance. Awesome to have Sport Mode in this car as well as paddle shifters. Love the Almond Interior.

Commuting is fun again
By daveshoot on 01/29/14 05:16 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving 45 mi. per day in an older Tacoma, so perhaps I am too easily impressed... but this car is amazing. Exterior looks, check. Just look at one. Interior is wow! for a Mazda, and the seats are very comfortable. This model is loaded with tech, like the radar blind spot detection, pacing cruise control, impressive and intuitive infotainment system, adaptive headlights that steer, etc. But driving is what it's all about and it's what this Mazda is all about. It is fast and nimble. Until you hit the Sport mode button, it is really just a very tight and competent little car. The Sport mode unleashes it's inner potential and it just wants to go. I am glad I got the 2.5L!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$135 per month*