2014 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Disappointing gas mileage
By drivesalotfl on 02/21/14 11:15 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful and fun to drive, but I haven't gotten near the advertised gas mileage, and that's the main reason I bought the car. I went for a 6 cylinder SUV to this, and the average mileage isn't all that much better. I even took it back to the dealer thinking something was wrong with the monitoring system, but they insisted it was accurate. I am lucky to get 29 MPG on the highway. I have also had issues with the Infotainment system - similar to those published by others in various forums - GPS system all of a sudden fails, doesn't recognize commands, fade has to be set all the way to the rear to get any sound out of the rear speakers.

Love This 3
By fluffyan on 02/17/14 10:02 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this 2014 Mazda 3 for two months, have a little over 1,000 miles on it. So far, I am very happy with it, although I wish it got closer to the 30 mpg rating. I looked at Toyotas, Scion FR-S, and checked online on Fords, Chevys, and Nissans. The Mazda 3 manual is so much more fun to drive than anything else I drove, and it met most of my other criteria. I had driven a Camry stick for the last 12 years. The Mazda 3 is a little smaller, but also quicker and way, way more fun. It has a little more style than the same-old-same-old looks of most sedans. I am getting 26mpg, wanted more, but I recommend this car!

Great Car
By mikejohn on 01/30/14 18:23 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Replaced my 2010!GTI and I love everything about this car especially Interior, Features, Performance. Awesome to have Sport Mode in this car as well as paddle shifters. Love the Almond Interior.

Commuting is fun again
By daveshoot on 01/29/14 05:16 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving 45 mi. per day in an older Tacoma, so perhaps I am too easily impressed... but this car is amazing. Exterior looks, check. Just look at one. Interior is wow! for a Mazda, and the seats are very comfortable. This model is loaded with tech, like the radar blind spot detection, pacing cruise control, impressive and intuitive infotainment system, adaptive headlights that steer, etc. But driving is what it's all about and it's what this Mazda is all about. It is fast and nimble. Until you hit the Sport mode button, it is really just a very tight and competent little car. The Sport mode unleashes it's inner potential and it just wants to go. I am glad I got the 2.5L!

Great car!
By krisskross on 01/27/14 21:31 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is the second Mazda I have owned. I was car hunting and decided to take a look at Mazda after looking at the other brands. The first thing that got me was the redesigned look. The previous models look good (better than the protege i had) but this new design looks real good. I thought I end up with the 2.5L engine so I have that extra power to it, but after test driving the 2.0L model, I figure i didn't need it. This is the same engine that goes into their CX-5 CUV model. So with this engine in a much lighter frame, it has a lot of zip to it .

Completely satisfied and utterly impressed
By nld on 01/27/14 18:23 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Tough to review this car in 700 characters, but look at me go wasting them. This is a great car. It's faster than I thought it would be. The automatic gearbox is terrific. The sport mode and paddle shifters are awesome. I averaged 38.5 mpg on my drive from the Bay Area to San Diego (mostly on the highway) and I get probably 28 mpg around town, so it's definitely fuel efficient. The interior is great and so is the exterior. Feels very deluxe. Only put 1.5k on it thus far, so I can't speak for reliability or value, but from what I hear Mazda's do alright in those categories.

Awesome
By jdgrn8 on 01/16/14 20:32 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent car. 2.0L 6M Touring w/o infotainment system. Handling is precise, enabled by a decent engine and slick manual tranny, Performed admirably in the great Buffalo blizzard of 2014. ESC was great. AVG 39MPG on the highway, and 34MPG in mixed driving. Noise is minimal for the class. Ride is superior for the class--feels like a luxury sedan. Standard radio/speaker is plenty for audio. I test drove the $1600 technology package and was not impressed. Most of that value can be covered by any decent smart phone. Overall an excellent, reliable vehicle, that excels as a true driver's car. If you want to love your commute and not break the bank, pick up a Mazda 3.

Exciting car to drive!
By mars54 on 01/15/14 12:36 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first Mazda I have owned I decided to get one after my wife had bought a mazda cx 5 and I enjoyed the way it drove. I really love the way my Mazda 3s handles and how it seems to be a much more expensive car than it is.I love engaging the sport feature with the 2.5 engine the acceleration and handling are amazing!

Big Step Up for Its Class: The Poor Man's Beemer
By nfp on 01/06/14 10:32 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My brand new 2014 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring Sedan is my 5th Mazda, and by far the best of a good lot from the highly consumer- and critic-rated series released between 2006 and 2013. At this early juncture, so far this model -- entirely re-designed from front to back outside and inside – appears to be every bit as good as claimed by the automotive reviews that have lauded it as best in the compact class. I chose the classy, sporty-looking sedan over the odd-shaped hatchback that I don’t feel – and most critics agree – is anywhere near as nice-looking. I LOVE this baby to the point that even after my long daily commute to work from near Annapolis, MD to-and-from downtown Washington, DC, I don’t

zooooom zoooom
By zoomzoom09 on 12/31/13 08:28 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Very nice car. Mazda completely reinvented the car for 2014. The interior is excellent. I opted for the almond leather with soul red exterior. Hot looking car. The 184HP is sufficient for me to zoom around town. Love the 7 inch display and amount of features. The car honestly feels like a 35K or higher sports coupe w/ the leather, high end details (carbon-fiber, red stitching on the leather, to sports suspension. I also own a CX-5 and this 2.5 L engine was worth getting. Much better response and performance.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$161 per month*