Used 2014 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Just totalled it and I'm sad it's gone
By Sarah H.

2014 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First things first, it was a lease. I mention that because I have no idea what we ended up paying for it.

I enjoyed this car. Driving 33 miles one way to work every day and sitting at red lights for most of it, was where the vehicle excelled. I'm relatively small, so the seats were very comfortable to me. My fiance is only 5'11" and said he felt too big for it. The rear seats are a joke. Unless you are a toddler or just toting around less than 100 pound dogs, it probably won't be big enough. The few times an adult was in the backseat, it seemed very cramped. It's a four cylinder, though a zippy one, it's not a rocket-ship. I moved while owning this vehicle and the fold down back seats were awesome! Lots of room for a tiny car.

Mine routinely ended up at the dealer for little things. First my radio stopped working within about 8 days of ownership. According to them, it just needed an update which I really blame the dealer for more. Why that wasn't done before I left with the car the first time, I'll never know. The heads up display broke twice for no apparent reason. One of the speakers blew out. The navigation system was horribly out of date. My fiance's 07' truck was more aware of the roads near me than my 2014 car. I was never able to get the USB port to do anything other than very slowly charge my phone. The back up camera worked flawlessly as did the blind spot monitoring. It was noisy, though it didn't really bother me at the time but in hindsight, there was a ton of road noise. That being said, it handled getting in a car accident wonderfully and I walked away with just a bruise. All and all, not a bad car and I miss many of it's little features.

Best Car Ever!
By Tavo

2014 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I buy this car a year a go and its the best! its my first new car, and i think i am going to keep it forever! its looks great, it drives great, excellent fuel economy, it looks sporty, and elegant interior! its has the LED's and looks stunning, all my friends loves my car! I live in Texas and i spend 18 dlls a week on gas =)

Elderly Folks & Big Dogs: Find a Different Car!
By Toni Wolf

2014 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you either are older or carry older people around, this is NOT the car for you because it is too difficult to get in and out of. For another thing the rear doors do not open wide enough for a large dog to get in and onto the back seat.

Dislikes
By Richard A Sundt

2014 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Blind spot over passenger seat
Climate control is very bad,controls hard to adjust while driving. Car is to small for separate zone controls. Tempetures don't not settle to set temps. Seems adjustments have to be all the way on high or low, no in between , that includes ac. Car takes forever to heat up when cold.
Car causes static when using Bluetooth .
Road noise but I knew that and does not bother me.
Sound system is great when not using Bluetooth . Phone system is great.

Mazda 3 Electronics
By John Thoreson

2014 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The software for the GPS and entertainment system is horrible. When using my GPS the screen will go blank at times and not come back on until I stop, turn off the car and restart. At times, when I have the radio on, I can't change channels and many times it won't connect to my phone. Now, the pop-up MPH display won't come up. I like the mechanics of the car but the electronics have way too many bugs and I wish I hadn't purchased it.