2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Fun to drive, good on gas
By sunnyvegas on 04/16/14 10:02 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Fun to drive. Good on gas mileage. Not quite what it says for combo driving. Get average 30 with mostly hwy. Took a long trip with no heat/little AC and got 40/41. (Using the heat/seat warmers will lower the MPG quite a bit if the "average this drive" mpg's is accurate) Paid quite a bit more for Navigation (which I didn't really want) and heated seats & they still can't fix the tech package even after update. Majority of time I can't use the touchscreen. And although seats still heat, they are not working like they were at first. I purchased it in Dec, and so far no problems engine wise. So if this car is reliable long-term, I will still be happy.

Meant to Be
By rdouble on 04/06/14 14:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Mazda 6 in Jan 2014. Unfortunately, I was hit by a van which slid and hit me on my door. Safe Car! but damaged beyond repair. I decided, in its replacement to get a 2014 Mazda 3 4 door sedan Touring; . I have to say it was meant to be. This car practically drives itself; I feel the road, I feel safe and I enjoy driving again!. Its beyond perfect for me and I am so thankful to Mazda for producing such a gem of a vehicle!

4,000 miles in a month!!
By kfishy76 on 03/16/14 12:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Yes this car is that fun to drive while also being frugal. I'm averaging 35mpg combined. The sport mode when left in drive shifts like a dual clutch (it keeps it's torque converter locked all the time) the interior could be at home in a German sedan. It gets looks everywhere. Basically a smaller Mazda 6. Only complaint is the almond leather which stains on the left thigh bolster from jeans. I clean it once a week. Side mirrors are noisy due to wind (they are big!) sometimes the voice recognition for nav doesn't understand a full address. Sunroof is noisy at freeway speeds when open. Can be pricy fully loaded like mine. Close to $30k. But it's a lot of car for $$ refined, sporty & FUN!!!

Zoom Zoom
By zstardust on 03/03/14 05:55 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I'm enjoying driving my 2014 Mazda 3. It's taken awhile to adjust to the sight lines, which are not nearly as good (due to low ground clearance) as my prior SUV. The tradeoff is much better gas mileage, though as others have noted, I haven't achieved nearly the mileage I expected (roughly 30 mpg combined). Ride is much quieter and softer than I expected. Handles like a nimble sports car. Stick with the basics, and add on your own aftermarket bells and whistles for a great car under $20K.

Love This 3
By fluffyan on 02/17/14 10:02 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this 2014 Mazda 3 for two months, have a little over 1,000 miles on it. So far, I am very happy with it, although I wish it got closer to the 30 mpg rating. I looked at Toyotas, Scion FR-S, and checked online on Fords, Chevys, and Nissans. The Mazda 3 manual is so much more fun to drive than anything else I drove, and it met most of my other criteria. I had driven a Camry stick for the last 12 years. The Mazda 3 is a little smaller, but also quicker and way, way more fun. It has a little more style than the same-old-same-old looks of most sedans. I am getting 26mpg, wanted more, but I recommend this car!

Great Car
By mikejohn on 01/30/14 18:23 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Replaced my 2010!GTI and I love everything about this car especially Interior, Features, Performance. Awesome to have Sport Mode in this car as well as paddle shifters. Love the Almond Interior.

Great car!
By krisskross on 01/27/14 21:31 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is the second Mazda I have owned. I was car hunting and decided to take a look at Mazda after looking at the other brands. The first thing that got me was the redesigned look. The previous models look good (better than the protege i had) but this new design looks real good. I thought I end up with the 2.5L engine so I have that extra power to it, but after test driving the 2.0L model, I figure i didn't need it. This is the same engine that goes into their CX-5 CUV model. So with this engine in a much lighter frame, it has a lot of zip to it .

Completely satisfied and utterly impressed
By nld on 01/27/14 18:23 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Tough to review this car in 700 characters, but look at me go wasting them. This is a great car. It's faster than I thought it would be. The automatic gearbox is terrific. The sport mode and paddle shifters are awesome. I averaged 38.5 mpg on my drive from the Bay Area to San Diego (mostly on the highway) and I get probably 28 mpg around town, so it's definitely fuel efficient. The interior is great and so is the exterior. Feels very deluxe. Only put 1.5k on it thus far, so I can't speak for reliability or value, but from what I hear Mazda's do alright in those categories.

Awesome
By jdgrn8 on 01/16/14 20:32 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent car. 2.0L 6M Touring w/o infotainment system. Handling is precise, enabled by a decent engine and slick manual tranny, Performed admirably in the great Buffalo blizzard of 2014. ESC was great. AVG 39MPG on the highway, and 34MPG in mixed driving. Noise is minimal for the class. Ride is superior for the class--feels like a luxury sedan. Standard radio/speaker is plenty for audio. I test drove the $1600 technology package and was not impressed. Most of that value can be covered by any decent smart phone. Overall an excellent, reliable vehicle, that excels as a true driver's car. If you want to love your commute and not break the bank, pick up a Mazda 3.

Exciting car to drive!
By mars54 on 01/15/14 12:36 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first Mazda I have owned I decided to get one after my wife had bought a mazda cx 5 and I enjoyed the way it drove. I really love the way my Mazda 3s handles and how it seems to be a much more expensive car than it is.I love engaging the sport feature with the 2.5 engine the acceleration and handling are amazing!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in NJ is:

$266 per month*