2014 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Fun but Issue Prone
By johnathanr

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the 2014 Mazda 3 iSV brand new. Either i have the jynxed version or this car isn't designed to survive Boston. My inner fenders and engine cover came undone even in nice weather. Both front brakes and rear breaks had to be changed within the first year of driving. Also randomly turned off on me once in the highway and lit up like a Christmas tree. This car does however handle well and is a fun car to drive. Great on gas. Car is great for a commuter.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature has to be its handling and gas mileage. It handles like a dream. I have the basic model so nothing else really sticks out. It is a basic functional car and it feels like that once you're inside.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure this car will stand the test of time. Building a car that is built to last would be one. The other is allow the car to have updated features even if it is only through the Dealer. An example of this is the radiohead. I didn't think I would mind it as much as I do now when I bought it but now it is driving me nuts and there's no way to change it. Another is having a push to start car but without the smart entry. Didn't realize this feature wasn't included with the keyless system and find it really pointless. You still have to reach for your keys every time you go into the car. It is another feature that cannot be upgraded so I am stuck with it.

Amazingly fun for the price
By pmckenzie2004

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've have my 2014 Mazda3i sedan for a year, and it's been outstanding--no problems, very fun to drive, good gas mileage. It's tremendously fun to drive, and comfortable. Even my lowest-trim-level car feels upscale, not cheap.

Favorite Features

The transmission is excellent, with very strong acceleration. Merging onto the highway is fun and easy. The disc brakes are very responsive, and the stiffer body keeps roll minimal during turns. The suspension makes even Pittsburgh's rough roads tolerable. The car heats up and defrosts quickly in winter.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like a shelf in the bottom center of the dashboard. Heated seats and mirrors on lower trim levels would be nice, but aren't essential. An all-wheel drive sedan would come in handy for hilly terrain.

Best Car l have ever owned
By bmystro

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The Mazda 3 I have is hands down the best car I have ever owned. The design is great and with the connect system it makes driving on road trips so much better not having to mess with wires. The price is great and when you look at comparable features in car's like Mercedes and Audi this is just a awesome value. Proud to drive such a nice car!

Favorite Features

Connect system Style Performance Comfort

Suggested Improvements

I cant think of any!

Good but Flawed
By Zoey Broussard

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The M3 has nice, soft-touch interior materials and a sleek exterior design that helps it stand out from the crowd. MPG is good, but not quite as good as advertised; I usually average 32 while commuting with a roughly 60-40 split between city and highway driving. Roof/head space can be a bit tight if you sit close to the wheel like I do, but otherwise room and space in the M3 seem fine. Although I find it tolerable, many have said the radio is ugly. Headrests are uncomfortably angled. My biggest gripe though is that the A-frame pillars create blind spots towards the front of the car that I find very noticeable when turning/pulling out at intersections.

Favorite Features

Interior material quality, visible car nose while driving.

Suggested Improvements

Either redesign the A-frame or incorporate some sort of side/forward sensors to assist with A-frame blind spot.

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan iSV-M 6-speed
By akdude

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car in July 2014 after comparing it to the Honda Civic. I have owned 15 new Honda's since my first in 1983. Most were Accords but I had a 2010 Civic coupe. The reason I decided on the Mazda:1)Technology2)Mileage3)Fit and Finish4)Price. Always liked the fact that Honda doesn't have option "packages" but for under $18000 the Mazda is a no brainer, Civic is too far behind in power train technology. The base Civic still doesn't have direct injection, 6-speed manual or a new dash design. The Manual Civic LX can't touch the Mazda on mileage. My average(combined) mileage for the first 5000 miles is steady at 42.8mpg(50%city/50%hwy.Thats in Alaska.

Favorite Features

Push button start, smooth shifting manual transmission, plenty of legroom(I'm 6'2"), excellent sounding stereo for a base model and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Should have bluetooth and cruise control on the base model.