2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Amazingly fun for the price
By pmckenzie2004

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've have my 2014 Mazda3i sedan for a year, and it's been outstanding--no problems, very fun to drive, good gas mileage. It's tremendously fun to drive, and comfortable. Even my lowest-trim-level car feels upscale, not cheap.

Favorite Features

The transmission is excellent, with very strong acceleration. Merging onto the highway is fun and easy. The disc brakes are very responsive, and the stiffer body keeps roll minimal during turns. The suspension makes even Pittsburgh's rough roads tolerable. The car heats up and defrosts quickly in winter.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like a shelf in the bottom center of the dashboard. Heated seats and mirrors on lower trim levels would be nice, but aren't essential. An all-wheel drive sedan would come in handy for hilly terrain.

Best Car l have ever owned
By bmystro

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The Mazda 3 I have is hands down the best car I have ever owned. The design is great and with the connect system it makes driving on road trips so much better not having to mess with wires. The price is great and when you look at comparable features in car's like Mercedes and Audi this is just a awesome value. Proud to drive such a nice car!

Favorite Features

Connect system Style Performance Comfort

Suggested Improvements

I cant think of any!

Good but Flawed
By Zoey Broussard

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The M3 has nice, soft-touch interior materials and a sleek exterior design that helps it stand out from the crowd. MPG is good, but not quite as good as advertised; I usually average 32 while commuting with a roughly 60-40 split between city and highway driving. Roof/head space can be a bit tight if you sit close to the wheel like I do, but otherwise room and space in the M3 seem fine. Although I find it tolerable, many have said the radio is ugly. Headrests are uncomfortably angled. My biggest gripe though is that the A-frame pillars create blind spots towards the front of the car that I find very noticeable when turning/pulling out at intersections.

Favorite Features

Interior material quality, visible car nose while driving.

Suggested Improvements

Either redesign the A-frame or incorporate some sort of side/forward sensors to assist with A-frame blind spot.

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan iSV-M 6-speed
By akdude

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car in July 2014 after comparing it to the Honda Civic. I have owned 15 new Honda's since my first in 1983. Most were Accords but I had a 2010 Civic coupe. The reason I decided on the Mazda:1)Technology2)Mileage3)Fit and Finish4)Price. Always liked the fact that Honda doesn't have option "packages" but for under $18000 the Mazda is a no brainer, Civic is too far behind in power train technology. The base Civic still doesn't have direct injection, 6-speed manual or a new dash design. The Manual Civic LX can't touch the Mazda on mileage. My average(combined) mileage for the first 5000 miles is steady at 42.8mpg(50%city/50%hwy.Thats in Alaska.

Favorite Features

Push button start, smooth shifting manual transmission, plenty of legroom(I'm 6'2"), excellent sounding stereo for a base model and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Should have bluetooth and cruise control on the base model.

Not my type of Car
By pj_flygare

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a brand new 2014 Sport3I with 35 demo miles ODO Dec 19 2014. After some 100+ miles testing in various environment I found the seats uncomfortable, long miles is not for this car, even after the few miles I driven. Mpg's not to what estamimatied, but lower. It is very underpowered, overtaking another car in left lane demands a lot of considerations. Interior noise very loud. My wife Rav4 (2005) is quieter (more responsive). The Cx5 was quieter at test drive, the streets are very raw. Missing back up camera, (not required by law, but will be) from my 2006 Lexus. Stereo system not upgradable except in-mount speakers. Rattling noise around windows at idle. ??

Favorite Features

Non but for some mileage!

Suggested Improvements

This are few of them as I ran out of space But the major!!! sound system;worst so ever....... suspension;to stiff (previous all-wheel softer) road noise; way to much