2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
We love this car!
By tomandtess on 12/06/14 09:20 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2011 Ford Fiesta for this car. While the Fiesta was fun to drive on short trips, going any distance caused my husband to have to see his chiropractor! After trying out five different vehicles and doing tons of research, we knew this was the car for us! We have two crew cab 4WD trucks and a minivan. We just wanted another car for when he and I take long road trips, skiing, running errands, etc. and still get great gas mileage. We found it!

Upbeat Mazda 3
By vonpeter on 11/27/14 16:43 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Mazda has done something weird and wonderful with their Skyactiv technology. This car drives like a diesel: lots of torque, changes gears quickly, and sports spectacular fuel consumption. I get why it was nominated for car of the year. I felt the Corolla was like driving something front another era, another world compared to the Mazda-3.

great all around with odd omissions
By brant82 on 11/13/14 13:06 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After getting a monthly lease down below $185CAD we could talk about the base model. I couldn't have been happier to find out that the base model does NOT have the horrible tablet slapped on the dash. My requirements were a 6spd manual, blue tooth and a trunk large enough to hold my golf clubs year round. The hatch did not have enough space for the golf clubs so it was out and for the price point no other auto maker had anything that could compare.

My 4th Mazda, and not my last
By amandakl on 08/20/14 10:06 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I am in love with this car. I have owned a 2004 Mazda 3 sedan, a 2008 Mazda3 GT sport (hatch), and a 2013 Mazda cx-5. I traded my CX-5 in for the 2014 Mazda 3 and do not regret it at all. The car handles like a dream, hugs the road and corners perfectly. The interior is simple and modern, and the exterior is striking. I am getting 6.7L/100 (or 43 MPG) with combined city/highway, which is more than I expected to get. If you are looking for an affordable car that is fun to drive, gets great fuel mileage and is reliable, this is it. I have the GS (middle model) with sunroof package, and comfort package. I also had custom white leather interior installed.

was sadly disappointed
By mark394 on 08/14/14 11:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We've always liked Mazda's, this was our fourth, a 2014 mazda 3 Touring sedan, it could have been so good, but the front interior space felt cramped and a bit difficult to see out of, the rear seats were very difficult to see out of. The really ugly looking radio looked velcroed to the dash was a constant eye sore. Not sure if anyone else has been bothered by this but there was always an very annoying clunk sound coming from the suspension going over bumps. We traded it after four months for another new make :(.

Great car
By dtom1 on 06/30/14 17:41 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Mazda 3 Touring in May 2014. So far I'm very satisfied with its performance, fuel economy, ride and handling. It's giving 32 mpg and I drive mostly within the city. On highways the car is extremely stable and predictable.

Really nice but it would be so easy to be better!
By 23j96 on 06/16/14 07:12 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun to drive? Hell yeah! I love this car. Mostly! After 2 years with an automatic (my first) I ditched it and went back to manual shift - with this Mazda3. Oof! And it was a good change. This is way more fun to drive than, say, my MINI (also manual). I love it - it's got a great feel, good power, lots of fun. But there are a lot of details that are so close but not there! So, this is more fun to drive than the MINI, right? But MINI gets all of the details right on.

Luxury build, Mazda Pricing
By mazda3dallas on 05/13/14 19:05 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I trade in for a new car every 2 years so have lots of comparison. My last car was a BMW Z4 and this car handles just as well but with better interior build quality and runs on Reg unleaded. I'm glad I got the upgraded 3S engine b/c it never feels underpowered, its quite quick. I love all the standard GT features, but didn't opt for the tech package as I don't want my car bossing me around, let alone the added cost. I just completed a 300 mile highway road trip and got 37.8 MPG, driving 70-85mph. However, MPG for me drops considerably in city driving around Dallas as I average 25-26 in town. I've had no problems with Mazda Connect or Navigation, everything works flawlessly for me.

Fun to drive, good on gas
By sunnyvegas on 04/16/14 10:02 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Fun to drive. Good on gas mileage. Not quite what it says for combo driving. Get average 30 with mostly hwy. Took a long trip with no heat/little AC and got 40/41. (Using the heat/seat warmers will lower the MPG quite a bit if the "average this drive" mpg's is accurate) Paid quite a bit more for Navigation (which I didn't really want) and heated seats & they still can't fix the tech package even after update. Majority of time I can't use the touchscreen. And although seats still heat, they are not working like they were at first. I purchased it in Dec, and so far no problems engine wise. So if this car is reliable long-term, I will still be happy.

Meant to Be
By rdouble on 04/06/14 14:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Mazda 6 in Jan 2014. Unfortunately, I was hit by a van which slid and hit me on my door. Safe Car! but damaged beyond repair. I decided, in its replacement to get a 2014 Mazda 3 4 door sedan Touring; . I have to say it was meant to be. This car practically drives itself; I feel the road, I feel safe and I enjoy driving again!. Its beyond perfect for me and I am so thankful to Mazda for producing such a gem of a vehicle!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*