2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Only two complaints
By vandergelder on 02/16/15 08:34 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I like everything about mine, I get good mileage, it's fun to drive, etc. I have had zero reliability issues. Great styling. Great handling. Almost perfect, but not quite, IMHO, see below.

No regrets
By kevin97223 on 02/07/15 19:23 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is our fourth Mazda and our second 3. We are loyal to the brand because in our experience their cars are reliable, stylish and fun to drive, especially with a manual transaxle. This car is all of the above, although since it has less than 5,000 miles I haven't driven it far enough to rate the reliability. I have no reason to doubt that it will be as reliable as my wife's 2011 3, which has 30,000 miles and has needed nothing except regular maintenance.

Amazing for the Price
By greyhoundtx on 12/27/14 12:11 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

For the price of the car, the 2014 Mazda 3 is a fantastic vehicle. Exterior looks more expensive than it is. It's unique but doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Interior is great, although I wish the radio/audio controls didn't look like it was put into the car aftermarket. Performance wise it's also great. A little more road noise than some other cars in this same category that I test drove, but I found this to be the most fun. Sometimes I find that the acceleration is a tiny bit lagged, but it's not bad. All in all, fantastic car for what you pay. And the gas mileage is GREAT.

This is an upgrade for me
By faust3 on 08/23/14 05:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

great mpg but i am not a floor it driver. gives me the awesome sports car look without paying for the gas. I just wanted something more sporty and fun to drive but not have to fill the tank every week. color i got was meteor gray mica and looks sharp. it is a head turner at a lower end cost level. i had a basic nissan versa ( crank windows ) which i just wasn't thrilled with. wanted some up to date inside car features with a sporty looking car on the outside at a low 200 payment. i call this the lexus i can afford. I also purchased the hatchback because I just wanted a car where the seats come down for more room to haul a picture or something large and long.

First New Car
By mjdozie on 07/15/14 08:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 07/05/14 Enjoying my new white Mazda3 S Touring Hatchback, so far. Only complaints would be the road & interior noise. MPG below EPA estimates. Ride is a bit stiff but still comfortable. Just about everything else has been above my expectations for the compact class. The engine is quick, quiet & smooth & I really enjoy the extras like the HUD & Blind Spot Monitor. A great purchase overall!

So far, so good!
By bog72 on 07/10/14 10:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Just traded a 2006 Mazda 3 iTouring hatch with the 2.3L engine and 5spd Auto Trans. I loved that car, but a pothole created irreparable problems in the front suspension. Decided to go with the 2.0 in my new iTouring, sacrificing quickness in handling and acceleration for comfort of higher-profile tires and and fuel economy. I'm not disappointed - this is a very solid car, and quite roomy. Seats are exceptionally comfortable, and seating position is perfect. The higher profile tires that come on the 16" wheels are more forgiving in the sea of potholes we have in DC.

Some early impressions
By cre8tive1 on 06/09/14 16:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've only been driving this Mazda 3 Touring hatchback for a little over a week, so take what I say for what it's worth. However, I am comparing this 2014 to my 2004 Mazda 6 i manual 5 speed which I traded for the current car. First, let me say I'm loving the looks of this car and enjoy the overall performance. While it's no powerhouse, the 2.0 has enough Zoom-zoom to feel spirited and enjoyable to drive. Unfortunately with the combination of 155 hp and auto transmission, there is a noticeable lack of power compared to my 10 year old Mazda 6. By comparison, I was able to attain at 0-60 time of 8.4 seconds in the 6 but only a disappointing 10.5 seconds in the new Mazda 3.

BEST CAR EVER!!
By lancelot0720 on 04/27/14 19:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I went from a BMW 325i to this and do not miss it at all. It turns with no effort and no body roll even taking a turn at 40 mph! I drive about 30 miles a day and I average 32 mpg having a mixed road type (7 miles city, 23 highway) and it takes me about 2 weeks to get to empty. Ever since I got it, I have never spent more than $35 to fill it up on regular where as the BMW cost about $70-$80 on premium. The infotainment does get a little used to but its mostly simple. I have the feature where it can read my text messages while I'm driving (Doesn't show you the actual message for safety reasons) and it works fine with an iPhone 5c.

Disappointing gas mileage
By drivesalotfl on 02/21/14 11:15 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful and fun to drive, but I haven't gotten near the advertised gas mileage, and that's the main reason I bought the car. I went for a 6 cylinder SUV to this, and the average mileage isn't all that much better. I even took it back to the dealer thinking something was wrong with the monitoring system, but they insisted it was accurate. I am lucky to get 29 MPG on the highway. I have also had issues with the Infotainment system - similar to those published by others in various forums - GPS system all of a sudden fails, doesn't recognize commands, fade has to be set all the way to the rear to get any sound out of the rear speakers.

Commuting is fun again
By daveshoot on 01/29/14 05:16 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving 45 mi. per day in an older Tacoma, so perhaps I am too easily impressed... but this car is amazing. Exterior looks, check. Just look at one. Interior is wow! for a Mazda, and the seats are very comfortable. This model is loaded with tech, like the radar blind spot detection, pacing cruise control, impressive and intuitive infotainment system, adaptive headlights that steer, etc. But driving is what it's all about and it's what this Mazda is all about. It is fast and nimble. Until you hit the Sport mode button, it is really just a very tight and competent little car. The Sport mode unleashes it's inner potential and it just wants to go. I am glad I got the 2.5L!