2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
So far, so good!
By bog72 on 07/10/14 10:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Just traded a 2006 Mazda 3 iTouring hatch with the 2.3L engine and 5spd Auto Trans. I loved that car, but a pothole created irreparable problems in the front suspension. Decided to go with the 2.0 in my new iTouring, sacrificing quickness in handling and acceleration for comfort of higher-profile tires and and fuel economy. I'm not disappointed - this is a very solid car, and quite roomy. Seats are exceptionally comfortable, and seating position is perfect. The higher profile tires that come on the 16" wheels are more forgiving in the sea of potholes we have in DC.

Some early impressions
By cre8tive1 on 06/09/14 16:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've only been driving this Mazda 3 Touring hatchback for a little over a week, so take what I say for what it's worth. However, I am comparing this 2014 to my 2004 Mazda 6 i manual 5 speed which I traded for the current car. First, let me say I'm loving the looks of this car and enjoy the overall performance. While it's no powerhouse, the 2.0 has enough Zoom-zoom to feel spirited and enjoyable to drive. Unfortunately with the combination of 155 hp and auto transmission, there is a noticeable lack of power compared to my 10 year old Mazda 6. By comparison, I was able to attain at 0-60 time of 8.4 seconds in the 6 but only a disappointing 10.5 seconds in the new Mazda 3.

BEST CAR EVER!!
By lancelot0720 on 04/27/14 19:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I went from a BMW 325i to this and do not miss it at all. It turns with no effort and no body roll even taking a turn at 40 mph! I drive about 30 miles a day and I average 32 mpg having a mixed road type (7 miles city, 23 highway) and it takes me about 2 weeks to get to empty. Ever since I got it, I have never spent more than $35 to fill it up on regular where as the BMW cost about $70-$80 on premium. The infotainment does get a little used to but its mostly simple. I have the feature where it can read my text messages while I'm driving (Doesn't show you the actual message for safety reasons) and it works fine with an iPhone 5c.

Disappointing gas mileage
By drivesalotfl on 02/21/14 11:15 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful and fun to drive, but I haven't gotten near the advertised gas mileage, and that's the main reason I bought the car. I went for a 6 cylinder SUV to this, and the average mileage isn't all that much better. I even took it back to the dealer thinking something was wrong with the monitoring system, but they insisted it was accurate. I am lucky to get 29 MPG on the highway. I have also had issues with the Infotainment system - similar to those published by others in various forums - GPS system all of a sudden fails, doesn't recognize commands, fade has to be set all the way to the rear to get any sound out of the rear speakers.

Commuting is fun again
By daveshoot on 01/29/14 05:16 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving 45 mi. per day in an older Tacoma, so perhaps I am too easily impressed... but this car is amazing. Exterior looks, check. Just look at one. Interior is wow! for a Mazda, and the seats are very comfortable. This model is loaded with tech, like the radar blind spot detection, pacing cruise control, impressive and intuitive infotainment system, adaptive headlights that steer, etc. But driving is what it's all about and it's what this Mazda is all about. It is fast and nimble. Until you hit the Sport mode button, it is really just a very tight and competent little car. The Sport mode unleashes it's inner potential and it just wants to go. I am glad I got the 2.5L!

zooooom zoooom
By zoomzoom09 on 12/31/13 08:28 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Very nice car. Mazda completely reinvented the car for 2014. The interior is excellent. I opted for the almond leather with soul red exterior. Hot looking car. The 184HP is sufficient for me to zoom around town. Love the 7 inch display and amount of features. The car honestly feels like a 35K or higher sports coupe w/ the leather, high end details (carbon-fiber, red stitching on the leather, to sports suspension. I also own a CX-5 and this 2.5 L engine was worth getting. Much better response and performance.

Love my 6 sp manual Mazda 3 Hatchback
By wxl on 12/09/13 11:43 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I made up my mind on the Mazda 3 after one test drive. We chose the Pearl White i-Touring manual hatchback with Navigation and Tech Package. The 2.0 engine is strong enough to merge onto freeways. Ride is firm and comfortable. Road noise is on the low side for the compact car segment. Interior finish is nice and pleasant. The clutch and stick shift very smoothly. After a little over 1000 miles, our gas mileage is similar to the EPA rating. Very happy with the purchase.

First time Mazda Owner
By justinjustin on 10/27/13 07:33 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car rocks!!! I traded in my 2010 Infiniti M35s - excellent car - but wanted something smaller, good looking, better on the gas mileage (main reason) but still spirited and responsive. I opted for the top of the line S Grand Touring hatchback with tech package that includes IELoop, LED brake lights, Bi-Xenon headlights, NAV, blink spot warning, etc...in pearl white. Overall I am extremely impressed with the quality of materials inside and it's handling characteristics. Driver feedback is good and it grips the road extremely well. Came with 18" stock wheels. It is just as much fun to drive than my Infiniti. The 2.5L motor is REQUIRED if you want a spirited, more aggressive experience.

Great car with a couple concerns
By wayne100 on 10/25/13 10:27 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

A great car overall for it's class. You should definitely test drive one if you are considering a similar class car. You'll be impressed.

Amazing Vehicle
By knucklehead11 on 09/29/13 12:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I just picked it up on Wednesday, September 25th. iTouring hatchback automatic. I traded in a 2008 Mazda3 iSport manual for this. The gas mileage on this car has been incredible. It has been improved by a land slide compared to my '08. Much smoother ride, great interior fit and finish, and the exterior is beautiful. The interior reminds me a little bit of an Audi, and someone told me they almost thought the exterior was Lexus-like. It has already done well on a road trip. Although the 2.0L isn't the beefiest in power, and yes there is some road noise, it is still an economy car, and for its price it can't be beat, so I give everything 5 stars. I highly recommend this car to anyone.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback in VA is:

$142 per month*