2014 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Fantastic stylish car
By Ryan Endres

2014 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car with high expectations and my expectations have been more than succeeded. The car has great acceleration, the fuel economy is great and it looks so good! If you are debating whether or not to purchase this car I would highly recommend buying it!

Finally Bought one. I shouldn't have waited.
By Sandy B.

2014 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So I started reviewing the Mazda 3 2 years ago. I was fascinated with the way it looked, and the great reviews. But I never drove one, the nearest dealer is 100 miles away. Then I turned 60 and decided it was time to have so fun before I retired. I Was lucky enough to find a 2014 GT S sedan with a technology pkg for $23,400. Morries Mazda sold it to me as a certified used, but it only had 60 miles on it. Where to start. First of all, the ride is firm, yet refined. It is NOT harsh, even over uneven pavement. It is not cush, but I had more than enough of that in my Malibu. This thing sticks to the pavement like glue, even in tight corner, kind of fun to just put the pedal down and accelerate thru a turn. The steering is great, firm and quick. It accelerates nicely, enough to make you smile. Want more fun? Hit the sport switch, it really makes a difference on the responsiveness. The adaptive headlights are great, never seen them before, very refined. I like how the brights switch themselves on and off as needed, and it works really well. I bought the sedan because of the deal, and honestly, I'm glad I did. It is one beautiful car. A real attention getter. And the Silver mica paint is amazing in the sun with the 18" wheels. And the interior is understated but elegant. Lots of nice small touches.This car punches WAY outside it's class. I am getting 28 combined in 50-50 traffic, but I'm playing with it pretty hard with a heavy foot. I'm pretty happy with that, my 2013 Malibu was getting me under 20 combined. This is the car I always wanted. I just don't see a compromise in it. Fun, frugal and drop dead beautiful. If you think you want one, just drive it.

Fun but Issue Prone
By johnathanr

2014 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the 2014 Mazda 3 iSV brand new. Either i have the jynxed version or this car isn't designed to survive Boston. My inner fenders and engine cover came undone even in nice weather. Both front brakes and rear breaks had to be changed within the first year of driving. Also randomly turned off on me once in the highway and lit up like a Christmas tree. This car does however handle well and is a fun car to drive. Great on gas. Car is great for a commuter.

Favorite feature has to be its handling and gas mileage. It handles like a dream. I have the basic model so nothing else really sticks out. It is a basic functional car and it feels like that once you're inside.

Not sure this car will stand the test of time. Building a car that is built to last would be one. The other is allow the car to have updated features even if it is only through the Dealer. An example of this is the radiohead. I didn't think I would mind it as much as I do now when I bought it but now it is driving me nuts and there's no way to change it. Another is having a push to start car but without the smart entry. Didn't realize this feature wasn't included with the keyless system and find it really pointless. You still have to reach for your keys every time you go into the car. It is another feature that cannot be upgraded so I am stuck with it.

Amazingly fun for the price
By pmckenzie2004

2014 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've have my 2014 Mazda3i sedan for a year, and it's been outstanding--no problems, very fun to drive, good gas mileage. It's tremendously fun to drive, and comfortable. Even my lowest-trim-level car feels upscale, not cheap.

The transmission is excellent, with very strong acceleration. Merging onto the highway is fun and easy. The disc brakes are very responsive, and the stiffer body keeps roll minimal during turns. The suspension makes even Pittsburgh's rough roads tolerable. The car heats up and defrosts quickly in winter.

I'd like a shelf in the bottom center of the dashboard. Heated seats and mirrors on lower trim levels would be nice, but aren't essential. An all-wheel drive sedan would come in handy for hilly terrain.

upset
By nosake

2014 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

When I first saw this Mazda 3 in red on the dealership lot, I knew I'd own it. My first Mazda. I had been looking for an affordable, efficient car for about two years.

The Mazda 3 boasted 38mpg, the interior space was adequate for my use, and the drop-dead gorgeous color and redesign drew attention from everyone I knew. So, what's not to like?

Number 1 gripe is the height of the wrap-around front bumper. I scraped it the first day I owned it. The perpendicular curb is supposed to signal where you should stop when the tires hit it, not the car bumper. As careful as I've been since, the front end is a collection of scrapes and dents which dovetail with problem number 2: paint. I paid extra for the color and its finish and have had nothing but problems. I treat my vehicles well with washing, waxing, etc., so when water marks stood out within the first six months, the dealer told me to take an electric buffer to the paint. Set at it's slowest speed, my new DeWalt buffer burned the paint off that very same bumper.