2014 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
First New Car
By mjdozie on 07/15/14 08:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 07/05/14 Enjoying my new white Mazda3 S Touring Hatchback, so far. Only complaints would be the road & interior noise. MPG below EPA estimates. Ride is a bit stiff but still comfortable. Just about everything else has been above my expectations for the compact class. The engine is quick, quiet & smooth & I really enjoy the extras like the HUD & Blind Spot Monitor. A great purchase overall!

So far, so good!
By bog72 on 07/10/14 10:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Just traded a 2006 Mazda 3 iTouring hatch with the 2.3L engine and 5spd Auto Trans. I loved that car, but a pothole created irreparable problems in the front suspension. Decided to go with the 2.0 in my new iTouring, sacrificing quickness in handling and acceleration for comfort of higher-profile tires and and fuel economy. I'm not disappointed - this is a very solid car, and quite roomy. Seats are exceptionally comfortable, and seating position is perfect. The higher profile tires that come on the 16" wheels are more forgiving in the sea of potholes we have in DC.

Great car
By dtom1 on 06/30/14 17:41 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Mazda 3 Touring in May 2014. So far I'm very satisfied with its performance, fuel economy, ride and handling. It's giving 32 mpg and I drive mostly within the city. On highways the car is extremely stable and predictable.

Really nice but it would be so easy to be better!
By 23j96 on 06/16/14 07:12 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun to drive? Hell yeah! I love this car. Mostly! After 2 years with an automatic (my first) I ditched it and went back to manual shift - with this Mazda3. Oof! And it was a good change. This is way more fun to drive than, say, my MINI (also manual). I love it - it's got a great feel, good power, lots of fun. But there are a lot of details that are so close but not there! So, this is more fun to drive than the MINI, right? But MINI gets all of the details right on.

Some early impressions
By cre8tive1 on 06/09/14 16:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've only been driving this Mazda 3 Touring hatchback for a little over a week, so take what I say for what it's worth. However, I am comparing this 2014 to my 2004 Mazda 6 i manual 5 speed which I traded for the current car. First, let me say I'm loving the looks of this car and enjoy the overall performance. While it's no powerhouse, the 2.0 has enough Zoom-zoom to feel spirited and enjoyable to drive. Unfortunately with the combination of 155 hp and auto transmission, there is a noticeable lack of power compared to my 10 year old Mazda 6. By comparison, I was able to attain at 0-60 time of 8.4 seconds in the 6 but only a disappointing 10.5 seconds in the new Mazda 3.

Luxury build, Mazda Pricing
By mazda3dallas on 05/13/14 19:05 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I trade in for a new car every 2 years so have lots of comparison. My last car was a BMW Z4 and this car handles just as well but with better interior build quality and runs on Reg unleaded. I'm glad I got the upgraded 3S engine b/c it never feels underpowered, its quite quick. I love all the standard GT features, but didn't opt for the tech package as I don't want my car bossing me around, let alone the added cost. I just completed a 300 mile highway road trip and got 37.8 MPG, driving 70-85mph. However, MPG for me drops considerably in city driving around Dallas as I average 25-26 in town. I've had no problems with Mazda Connect or Navigation, everything works flawlessly for me.

BEST CAR EVER!!
By lancelot0720 on 04/27/14 19:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I went from a BMW 325i to this and do not miss it at all. It turns with no effort and no body roll even taking a turn at 40 mph! I drive about 30 miles a day and I average 32 mpg having a mixed road type (7 miles city, 23 highway) and it takes me about 2 weeks to get to empty. Ever since I got it, I have never spent more than $35 to fill it up on regular where as the BMW cost about $70-$80 on premium. The infotainment does get a little used to but its mostly simple. I have the feature where it can read my text messages while I'm driving (Doesn't show you the actual message for safety reasons) and it works fine with an iPhone 5c.

Fun to drive, good on gas
By sunnyvegas on 04/16/14 10:02 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Fun to drive. Good on gas mileage. Not quite what it says for combo driving. Get average 30 with mostly hwy. Took a long trip with no heat/little AC and got 40/41. (Using the heat/seat warmers will lower the MPG quite a bit if the "average this drive" mpg's is accurate) Paid quite a bit more for Navigation (which I didn't really want) and heated seats & they still can't fix the tech package even after update. Majority of time I can't use the touchscreen. And although seats still heat, they are not working like they were at first. I purchased it in Dec, and so far no problems engine wise. So if this car is reliable long-term, I will still be happy.

Meant to Be
By rdouble on 04/06/14 14:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Mazda 6 in Jan 2014. Unfortunately, I was hit by a van which slid and hit me on my door. Safe Car! but damaged beyond repair. I decided, in its replacement to get a 2014 Mazda 3 4 door sedan Touring; . I have to say it was meant to be. This car practically drives itself; I feel the road, I feel safe and I enjoy driving again!. Its beyond perfect for me and I am so thankful to Mazda for producing such a gem of a vehicle!

4,000 miles in a month!!
By kfishy76 on 03/16/14 12:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Yes this car is that fun to drive while also being frugal. I'm averaging 35mpg combined. The sport mode when left in drive shifts like a dual clutch (it keeps it's torque converter locked all the time) the interior could be at home in a German sedan. It gets looks everywhere. Basically a smaller Mazda 6. Only complaint is the almond leather which stains on the left thigh bolster from jeans. I clean it once a week. Side mirrors are noisy due to wind (they are big!) sometimes the voice recognition for nav doesn't understand a full address. Sunroof is noisy at freeway speeds when open. Can be pricy fully loaded like mine. Close to $30k. But it's a lot of car for $$ refined, sporty & FUN!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.