2014 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews

2014 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Not my type of Car
By pj_flygare on 12/29/14 00:23 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a brand new 2014 Sport3I with 35 demo miles ODO Dec 19 2014. After some 100+ miles testing in various environment I found the seats uncomfortable, long miles is not for this car, even after the few miles I driven. Mpg's not to what estamimatied, but lower. It is very underpowered, overtaking another car in left lane demands a lot of considerations. Interior noise very loud. My wife Rav4 (2005) is quieter (more responsive). The Cx5 was quieter at test drive, the streets are very raw. Missing back up camera, (not required by law, but will be) from my 2006 Lexus. Stereo system not upgradable except in-mount speakers. Rattling noise around windows at idle. ??

Amazing for the Price
By greyhoundtx on 12/27/14 12:11 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

For the price of the car, the 2014 Mazda 3 is a fantastic vehicle. Exterior looks more expensive than it is. It's unique but doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Interior is great, although I wish the radio/audio controls didn't look like it was put into the car aftermarket. Performance wise it's also great. A little more road noise than some other cars in this same category that I test drove, but I found this to be the most fun. Sometimes I find that the acceleration is a tiny bit lagged, but it's not bad. All in all, fantastic car for what you pay. And the gas mileage is GREAT.

Best car in its class
By sp00q on 12/26/14 20:35 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I got my 2014 Mazda 3 GS a couple of months ago, after extensive research of the compact car market. My conclusion was that Mazda 3 is simply the best non-luxury compact car money can buy in 2014. The car: excellent handling, exceptional fuel economy, lively engine that lets you have some fun, great chassis and body. The features: obviously, there are a lots of differences with all the trims and options, but my GS has everything I could ever possibly need; I especially appreciate the back-up camera, navigation system, heated seats and automatic headlights & wipers. The not so great: manual control of the A/C and road noise at highway speeds.

We love this car!
By tomandtess on 12/06/14 09:20 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2011 Ford Fiesta for this car. While the Fiesta was fun to drive on short trips, going any distance caused my husband to have to see his chiropractor! After trying out five different vehicles and doing tons of research, we knew this was the car for us! We have two crew cab 4WD trucks and a minivan. We just wanted another car for when he and I take long road trips, skiing, running errands, etc. and still get great gas mileage. We found it!

Upbeat Mazda 3
By vonpeter on 11/27/14 16:43 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Mazda has done something weird and wonderful with their Skyactiv technology. This car drives like a diesel: lots of torque, changes gears quickly, and sports spectacular fuel consumption. I get why it was nominated for car of the year. I felt the Corolla was like driving something front another era, another world compared to the Mazda-3.

great all around with odd omissions
By brant82 on 11/13/14 13:06 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After getting a monthly lease down below $185CAD we could talk about the base model. I couldn't have been happier to find out that the base model does NOT have the horrible tablet slapped on the dash. My requirements were a 6spd manual, blue tooth and a trunk large enough to hold my golf clubs year round. The hatch did not have enough space for the golf clubs so it was out and for the price point no other auto maker had anything that could compare.

Reliable, Economical, and Fun to drive!
By jb57 on 10/28/14 10:25 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is our 2nd Mazda (wife owns 2012 Mazda 5) and we've been very pleased with both vehicles. Mine is the 2014 Mazda 3 sedan sport edition w/ manual shift. Am averaging 36 mpg. Before buying, I test drove a Civic, Corolla, and Cruze. All seemed to be good vehicles but the Mazda stood out for its handling and appearance. Leg room and head room are just fine (I'm 6' 2"). Trunk space is larger than I expected. The engine is quiet as a kitten. My only knocks are the average looking cloth seats (I replaced w/ leather) and road noise on select highways. But, boy are these cars fun to drive!

Great car, great price point
By zstardust on 10/02/14 20:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've put 10,000 miles on my 2014 Mazda 3 since buying it in March. It's a comfortable ride (excluding some road noise), well styled, and turns heads. It has zip / zoom zoom. My car is mica black, with the basic sound system since I already had a high end GPS system and couldn't justify the additional cost of the XM / GPS feature. Even the basic sound system is more than acceptable, with my iPod docked to it. I'm getting 35 mpg consistently (mostly highway, some in-town mileage) without going hybrid. Moving from a Ford SUV to the Mazda 3 took some getting used to, but I've made the transition and I'm a convert. This car deserves all of the accolades it's receiving.

Fantastic car except for one thing . . . . be forewarned
By wayne100 on 09/12/14 15:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Performance, comfort, ride, the interior design and overall quality of this car is fantastic. The BIG ISSUE to date is it's INFOTAINMENT system. As of the writing of this review, I've had two updates to the software for the INFOTAINMENT system. Many bugs have been fixed over the first years of frustration, but then MAZDA does something REALLY STUPID! They grey out and disable the local search feature on the GPS as well as the ability to wifi hotspot your phone to the system to get uptodate traffic and and weather. Basically you are now stuck with a GPS that has less features than a $100 Garmin you can buy on NOMORERACK.com Neither owners nor any MAZDA dealership knew this.

Good, but not as good as I had hoped for
By philly6000 on 09/08/14 17:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

New S Grand Touring purchased. I've put on 1750 miles. Plusses: - Nice looking, comfortable interior (almond). - Zoom Zoom (see below) - keyless doors, hatch, and start button - Adaptive Headlights - parts of the Infotainment Minuses: - Fuel efficiency *far below* what's advertised: I've averaged only 28.5mpg when driving conservatively (with hardly any air conditioning). - Text Msg woes (see below) - Hijacking phone's audio woes (see below) Road feel on uneven freeway: picks up bumpiness Road/tire noise: a bit loud on certain roads Water hides in cracks after car washes, and comes out after driving away from car wash; creates water spots I have to remove myself.

1 2 3 4 5 next »