Used 2014 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great Value
By JohnS

2014 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I would rate everything about this car higher than I had hoped, with the exception of road noise. The engine is extremely quiet, but noise from tires and wind reminds me that this is not a luxury car! But the quality and amenities are good, and reliability seems great. Acceleration is impressive, too, even with the 2 L.

Mazdocious
By Ian Bowen

2014 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Noisy inside

BEST car for it's price range!!
By Ari Y

2014 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

You can get a Honda Civic, a Toyota Corolla, a Nissan Sentra, or a Hyundai Accent for this price and honestly the design of the Mazda 3 is the best looking and the interior is sleek and great. It is the best bank for your buck and it honestly is a great car.

too many things wrong
By bill parker

2014 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was the highest rated of the small cars I evaluated for purchase, trading in a 2005 Acura TL. Most everything has been fine in the 21 months I've had the care EXCEPT mainly the audio system. I tried three different MP3's, none of which worked in the car. I finally got an iPod to work except that it often stops working unexpectedly. The radio presets do not last more than a day or two, then disappear. The flip up speedometer indicator soon stopped flipping up high enough to see it and sometimes doesn't come up at all. I usually have to flick it up. Resetting the odometer is a struggle and I sometimes cannot get it to work at all. The navigation system has some nice features but I have sometimes had to drive off the road and turn off the engine to get it working correctly. The voice direction on the navigation system is nearly inaudible at highway speeds. Although I like the mileage and the car is easy to drive, I would not buy it again and am considering trading in earlier than usual on Ford Fusion hybrid or Camry hybrid. This is about the 10th new car of my life and the only one with this many problems from the start.

Finally have a reliable car!!!
By Sam

2014 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have always had used cars until my last one left me on the side of the road with my 2 y/o on a summer day. I test drove almost every car under $25,000 and I don't regret my decision at all after 2 years. Not 1 thing has broken, failed or wore out! I love the 6 speed manual. Fun car to drive, is comfortable, cheap to own and is reliable! Would highly recommend buying!