Love my 3!
By slickmz3 on
2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
Loved my 2011 i Touring sedan so much that I recently traded in for a 2013 Grand i Touring hatch. Didn't think it could get any better, but it did! Really love having the extra room in the hatch and the Skyactiv engine, which is going to save me about $600 bucks this year on gas. I largely agree with other consumer reviews. It is definitely a firmer ride, but handles amazingly and very is responsive (the catch phrase is zoom zoom zoom for a reason!). I actually like the construction of the cockpit-style dash, but it does take up some room leaving the overall interior on the small side. This car is one of the sportier small compacts on the market, and it is a real pleasure to drive.
Favorite Features
Got the Tech Package so lots of cool bells and whistles. Love the look of the adaptive bi-xenon headlights, along with LED taillights and turn signals on the side mirrors. Bluetooth Audio/Phone/Navigation touchscreen is intuitive and easy to use. The blind spot monitoring system works great. I didn't really want leather upholstery, but it turns out that it's much more comfortable compared to the cloth I had before. You might want to consider this if you are used to a more cushioned ride (Civic, Corolla, etc.). Oh and the Bose system sounds AMAZING. Completely worth the upgrade!
Suggested Improvements
A couple of things to nit-pick. The two informational displays look like they belong in different cars, which is distracting. I can turn off the Average MPH/MPG display, but then I lose the digital clock (which needs to be bigger anyway). Would like to see some harmonization between the two as they are a bit mis-mashed. Also, with the rain-sensing wipers, I have lost true intermittent timing abilities. I can adjust the sensitivity of the wipers, but even at the lowest setting the wipers still go off too frequently with the slightest of rain sprinkles.