Used 2013 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Fun car to drive
By vwgolf_1999

2013 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2013 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback after the 2014's were released, so got a good deal on the car. I really like the way this car drives - it handles so nicely. The iTouring (which is the base hatchback model) has good features - automatic dual-zone climate control and advanced keyless entry (which I've gotten to really like). Road noise is higher than I'd ideally like, but similar to other cars in the class. Gas mileage (after ~600 miles, so still running in) has averaged ~32mpg (mostly city and hilly driving). Overall - I'm very happy with this car.

Handling, advanced keyless entry

Improved NVH to reduce road noise.

Decent economy car
By hmowner

2013 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Of so many choices in the compact car market, Mazda's marketing motto has been "Zoom Zoom". Well, I bought into that hype but found the car to be just one of the economy compact cars. It gets decent mileage and it is fun to drive if you rev the engine and give up the mileage. You do pay a bit more than other compacts for the privilege of enjoying the "Zoom Zoom" - which is really about the car handling, not the acceleration. Interior is a bit old compare to Hyundai/Kia. The major surprise that I found is the terrible road noise. Don't know if it's the factory tires or the car itself, but this is one of the nosiest compact!

Smooth gear shifts and very forgiving clutch

Reduce road noise. Give more leg room on the back seat by sacrificing the cargo area. Really, really, get rid of that grin in the front!

AMAZING!!!
By dolphingray

2013 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is one of the best car i ever bought. It's incredibly good performance, slick, compact fast and very fuel efficient at 28/40 mpg! that's amazing. It has all the technologies in it "skyactive" there's nothing more i can ask for.

Bluetooth, ipod, usb input. Bose sound..advance keyless entry and keyless start..blind spot sensor.

none at this time.

Mazda 3 Hatch
By tuckerk801

2013 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car is amazing, it is fun to drive and gets excellent gas mileage. Glad when mazda built a gas miser they didnt forget their roots of zoom-zoom!

Bluetooth, ipod and usb input. As well as option to manually shift.

I have no improvements at this time.

Love my 3!
By slickmz3

2013 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Loved my 2011 i Touring sedan so much that I recently traded in for a 2013 Grand i Touring hatch. Didn't think it could get any better, but it did! Really love having the extra room in the hatch and the Skyactiv engine, which is going to save me about $600 bucks this year on gas. I largely agree with other consumer reviews. It is definitely a firmer ride, but handles amazingly and very is responsive (the catch phrase is zoom zoom zoom for a reason!). I actually like the construction of the cockpit-style dash, but it does take up some room leaving the overall interior on the small side. This car is one of the sportier small compacts on the market, and it is a real pleasure to drive.

Got the Tech Package so lots of cool bells and whistles. Love the look of the adaptive bi-xenon headlights, along with LED taillights and turn signals on the side mirrors. Bluetooth Audio/Phone/Navigation touchscreen is intuitive and easy to use. The blind spot monitoring system works great. I didn't really want leather upholstery, but it turns out that it's much more comfortable compared to the cloth I had before. You might want to consider this if you are used to a more cushioned ride (Civic, Corolla, etc.). Oh and the Bose system sounds AMAZING. Completely worth the upgrade!

A couple of things to nit-pick. The two informational displays look like they belong in different cars, which is distracting. I can turn off the Average MPH/MPG display, but then I lose the digital clock (which needs to be bigger anyway). Would like to see some harmonization between the two as they are a bit mis-mashed. Also, with the rain-sensing wipers, I have lost true intermittent timing abilities. I can adjust the sensitivity of the wipers, but even at the lowest setting the wipers still go off too frequently with the slightest of rain sprinkles.