2013 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Pretty hot hatch
By junglist724 on 05/29/13 00:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I recently got the i touring hatchback version of the mazda3. The steering is very precise, unlike a lot of other cars. Skyactiv is a must. The improvement in performance and fuel economy is worth the extra cash. Stay away from the base trim for the 4 door. The car is pretty fun to drive even at low speeds.

5 of 47,966 people found this review helpful
An all around review
By zoomzoomalabam on 04/28/13 14:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2013 Mazda3 after loving our 2009 3, and this car is far better, with a 160 miles round trip commute daily, the car truly get 37 mpg @ 65mph highway. The bluetooth features lets me talk hands free all the way home, and I can listen to my favorite tunes with pandora, or bluetooth. The interior lighting is nice, with the blue LEDs lighting up the console and door handles at night, the downside on our model with in dash navigation, is that in the daytime, with headlights turned on (ie rain) you have a dimmed stereo console, so it makes it hard to see the radio and all in dash features. The bose sound is great, although the bass is only responsive at higher volumes,

pretty good so far
By abqrich on 04/25/13 12:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Driving this car is a pleasure. Great engine and transmission. Had it for one year with no problems. 38mpg on 5k road trip. Not good on bad roads. Noisy at highway speeds. Dorky console.

Michael Gilchrist
By gilxunlimited on 04/12/13 15:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great no complaints

Blackhawk
By tliston on 04/01/13 08:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very nice car. Looks expensive and handles great. Learning manual again but coming along quickly. Love the key-less entry and telescopic steering wheel. Stock stereo's not bad... Smooth ride for a compact.

Zooms past Hyundai
By myzoomer on 03/17/13 05:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Recently purchased after trading in Hyundai Veloster. Like night vs. day, this fun vehicle is far superior to the Veloster. Acceleration, Handling, Comfort, Bluetooth, etc. can't be beat. This is my third Mazda and it was a mistake to think that Hyundai could be anywhere near as good as a Mazda. Zoom Zoom

Excellent car!
By abandoy on 03/04/13 10:12 AM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my car for one week and have enjoyed every minute of it. The only thing that I am having trouble with is setting up the SMS messaging with my iPhone.

2013 Mazda 3 Hatchback 6-speed Review
By androux13 on 02/15/13 09:10 AM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This has been my first Mazda. I was going to go with a 2011 VW golf 6-speed, but the mazda had better MPG and better accessories already included for the price. Plus the mazda has much more room in it. I'm 6'5 and I fit wonderfully in the front seats.This has been my first manual ever driven and its been great! I bought it at 240 mi and within a month it now how 1,250 mi and the only problems that I had run into is a key fob problem, which is replaced under warranty, the boot won't close if you close it too hard, and that the back seats are WAY too small.

Mazda 3i Touring
By bfalck on 02/07/13 03:05 AM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

One of the main reasons I choose the Mazda is the way it handles. Good highway acceleration, holds the corners very well with very little sway. The ride is fairly quiet. Six speed AT (with manual option) shifts very smooth. Four wheel disk brakes make stopping very even and sure. Rear trunk has a removable attached cover that conveniently rises when the rear lift gate is opened and conceals everything when closed. Black cloth seats are comfortable and nicely contoured. Owner’s manual is very complete and easy to understand. Cruise control buttons have raised centers which allow me to keep my eye on the road. I'm getting about 30 MPG overall. Good safety features, insurance cost reasonable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$160 per month*