2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Way to go, Mazda!
By acade on 06/25/14 20:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I recently bought this car used, having searched for a GT with manual transmission. I had bought a 2012 Skyactive GT with auto since the manual was not available. Wow! What a difference the transmission makes. Drivability is greatly improved with such a slick shifter and smooth clutch. It's the best manual I've driven, having previously owned 06 and 09 Mazda 3's with manual. Engine power is modest but made more than bearable due to excellent handling and truly outstanding gas mileage. Add to that a fully functional in-dash touchscreen navigation, blind spot monitoring, keyless entry and ignition, auto wipers, and articulating headlights and you have a great automobile.

Don't buy if you have bad roads
By steve333 on 10/23/13 18:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I actually wanted a sporty handling car, at least for a compact. However, I was not prepared for the horrible ride quality the 3 has on anything but perfect roads. The car feels unstable, the freeway ride is awful with the car tramlining all over the place. 2 dealers told me that's just the way the car rides. Biggest mistake was buying this car over the Chevy Cruze.

Bye '13 Focus, Hello Skyactiv!!
By mazda3_2013 on 10/14/13 16:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my '13 Ford Focus (that I bought brand new), for my brand new Mazda3. Let me tell you this car is better in all aspects. The Focus was very nice, but could not get used to the Dual Clutch transmission. I was in heaven when I test drove my Mazda, it drives better then the Focus, it shifts better, handles better. Everyone says how the Mazda3 has hard plastic all over the place on the inside, I don't know about you but I don't drive and tap my fingers on the dashboard at the sometime. Yes, somethings could of been made and/or placed different, but I've never seen a car where everything is perfect, but the Mazda3 comes pretty darn close.

AMAZING!!!
By dolphingray on 07/27/13 16:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is one of the best car i ever bought. It's incredibly good performance, slick, compact fast and very fuel efficient at 28/40 mpg! that's amazing. It has all the technologies in it "skyactive" there's nothing more i can ask for.

Pretty hot hatch
By junglist724 on 05/29/13 00:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I recently got the i touring hatchback version of the mazda3. The steering is very precise, unlike a lot of other cars. Skyactiv is a must. The improvement in performance and fuel economy is worth the extra cash. Stay away from the base trim for the 4 door. The car is pretty fun to drive even at low speeds.

5 of 27,067 people found this review helpful
An all around review
By zoomzoomalabam on 04/28/13 14:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2013 Mazda3 after loving our 2009 3, and this car is far better, with a 160 miles round trip commute daily, the car truly get 37 mpg @ 65mph highway. The bluetooth features lets me talk hands free all the way home, and I can listen to my favorite tunes with pandora, or bluetooth. The interior lighting is nice, with the blue LEDs lighting up the console and door handles at night, the downside on our model with in dash navigation, is that in the daytime, with headlights turned on (ie rain) you have a dimmed stereo console, so it makes it hard to see the radio and all in dash features. The bose sound is great, although the bass is only responsive at higher volumes,

pretty good so far
By abqrich on 04/25/13 12:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Driving this car is a pleasure. Great engine and transmission. Had it for one year with no problems. 38mpg on 5k road trip. Not good on bad roads. Noisy at highway speeds. Dorky console.

Michael Gilchrist
By gilxunlimited on 04/12/13 15:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great no complaints

Zooms past Hyundai
By myzoomer on 03/17/13 05:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Recently purchased after trading in Hyundai Veloster. Like night vs. day, this fun vehicle is far superior to the Veloster. Acceleration, Handling, Comfort, Bluetooth, etc. can't be beat. This is my third Mazda and it was a mistake to think that Hyundai could be anywhere near as good as a Mazda. Zoom Zoom

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in VA is:

$160 per month*