2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great City Car
By boomerbob on 10/13/13 09:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Mazda 3 for just over a month and I'm very pleased with the car. Most of my driving is in the city and the SkyActive engine has delivered right at 30mpg on the first 5 tanks. I really like the driving dynamics and the overall road feel the car gives. My only complaint so far is the road noise at higher speeds. There's plenty of interior room and very comfortable seats.

Fun car to drive
By vwgolf_1999 on 09/21/13 05:16 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2013 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback after the 2014's were released, so got a good deal on the car. I really like the way this car drives - it handles so nicely. The iTouring (which is the base hatchback model) has good features - automatic dual-zone climate control and advanced keyless entry (which I've gotten to really like). Road noise is higher than I'd ideally like, but similar to other cars in the class. Gas mileage (after ~600 miles, so still running in) has averaged ~32mpg (mostly city and hilly driving). Overall - I'm very happy with this car.

Decent economy car
By hmowner on 07/31/13 20:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Of so many choices in the compact car market, Mazda's marketing motto has been "Zoom Zoom". Well, I bought into that hype but found the car to be just one of the economy compact cars. It gets decent mileage and it is fun to drive if you rev the engine and give up the mileage. You do pay a bit more than other compacts for the privilege of enjoying the "Zoom Zoom" - which is really about the car handling, not the acceleration. Interior is a bit old compare to Hyundai/Kia. The major surprise that I found is the terrible road noise. Don't know if it's the factory tires or the car itself, but this is one of the nosiest compact!

Mazda 3 Hatch
By tuckerk801 on 06/08/13 09:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car is amazing, it is fun to drive and gets excellent gas mileage. Glad when mazda built a gas miser they didnt forget their roots of zoom-zoom!

Love my 3!
By slickmz3 on 05/29/13 13:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Loved my 2011 i Touring sedan so much that I recently traded in for a 2013 Grand i Touring hatch. Didn't think it could get any better, but it did! Really love having the extra room in the hatch and the Skyactiv engine, which is going to save me about $600 bucks this year on gas. I largely agree with other consumer reviews. It is definitely a firmer ride, but handles amazingly and very is responsive (the catch phrase is zoom zoom zoom for a reason!). I actually like the construction of the cockpit-style dash, but it does take up some room leaving the overall interior on the small side. This car is one of the sportier small compacts on the market, and it is a real pleasure to drive.

Big mistake
By diana37 on 05/29/13 08:06 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I wish I had known how uncomfortable this car is for driving more than around the block in a test drive. I bought a new 2013 Mazda 3 three days ago, and it hurts my back. I will have to sell it and take the financial hit. I am sick about it.

Blackhawk
By tliston on 04/01/13 08:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very nice car. Looks expensive and handles great. Learning manual again but coming along quickly. Love the key-less entry and telescopic steering wheel. Stock stereo's not bad... Smooth ride for a compact.

Excellent car!
By abandoy on 03/04/13 10:12 AM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my car for one week and have enjoyed every minute of it. The only thing that I am having trouble with is setting up the SMS messaging with my iPhone.

2013 Mazda 3 Hatchback 6-speed Review
By androux13 on 02/15/13 09:10 AM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This has been my first Mazda. I was going to go with a 2011 VW golf 6-speed, but the mazda had better MPG and better accessories already included for the price. Plus the mazda has much more room in it. I'm 6'5 and I fit wonderfully in the front seats.This has been my first manual ever driven and its been great! I bought it at 240 mi and within a month it now how 1,250 mi and the only problems that I had run into is a key fob problem, which is replaced under warranty, the boot won't close if you close it too hard, and that the back seats are WAY too small.

Mazda 3i Touring
By bfalck on 02/07/13 03:05 AM (PST)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

One of the main reasons I choose the Mazda is the way it handles. Good highway acceleration, holds the corners very well with very little sway. The ride is fairly quiet. Six speed AT (with manual option) shifts very smooth. Four wheel disk brakes make stopping very even and sure. Rear trunk has a removable attached cover that conveniently rises when the rear lift gate is opened and conceals everything when closed. Black cloth seats are comfortable and nicely contoured. OwnerÂ’s manual is very complete and easy to understand. Cruise control buttons have raised centers which allow me to keep my eye on the road. I'm getting about 30 MPG overall. Good safety features, insurance cost reasonable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback in VA is:

$142 per month*