Used 2013 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

We Love Our Mazda
By Marvin Colvin

2013 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Due to difficult family urgency issues, my wife logged over 2000 miles the first month. If it hadn't been such a sweet, effortless driving experience, she couldn;t have managed it. It made the impossible possible. Most of the traveling involved mountain driving, the shortest distance to and from the destination. She felt secure making it in the Mazda. She would have gone the long way with any of our previous cars. That is saying a lot for her to feel comfortable choosing the 2 lane mountain road. She loves her I phone and frequently talks while driving. She has given up her ear buds and now loves to talk through the car using Blue Tooth. Works well for her. Given that most of our traveling has been on grades or around town, we have yet to see anything close to 40mpg. It has all been between 30-35. Still much better than our previous vehicles. We challenged the back storage behind the back seat today with a large grocery shopping trip. Even I was amazed at all we got in there (stacking it of course), with room to spare. Overall it has been a joy, a lifesaver, and is turning into a trusted friend.

Mileage is tops
By james Clancy

2013 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Rides great and 42mpg hi way, 30 city

Great Car Zoom Zoom
By Scott Connors

2013 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Leased this car brand new in July of 2013. Have almost 40 thousand miles on it and I love it! It's sporty, roomy, comfortable, great stereo, phenomenal fuel economy! I have to say this is one of the best cars I've ever owned. It's great on long trips and very comfortable, the car handles great on the highway and around town. The absolute best feature of this car is the consistent 30+ mpg it gets! I would highly recommend this car for anyone who's looking for a sporty, safe, reliable vehicle with great fuel economy.

Gas mileage cheat codes!
By Trevor L. Burrell

2013 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car with the SkyActive technology gets completely unfair gas mileage. Unfair to the service stations because you won't be giving them money very often. I managed to drive from Wilson NC to Greenville NC using only 13 miles on the range on this car after fill up in Wilson NC! It's wonderful. The push button start, Bluetooth, push button keyless entry on the door handles and all the other features are incredible. Five stars!!!

Not A Sports Car
By Forte

2013 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car with 30K miles and with in the first 4 months had to spend $1500 for new brakes. Its a good car for a new driver, but other then that I probably wont recommend it. The back seat is squished for passengers, the seats are uncomfortable during long road trips, and gas miles aren't as good as they say. Finally its apart of ford and worried about reliability in the future.