Used 2013 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Way to go, Mazda!
By acade

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I recently bought this car used, having searched for a GT with manual transmission. I had bought a 2012 Skyactive GT with auto since the manual was not available. Wow! What a difference the transmission makes. Drivability is greatly improved with such a slick shifter and smooth clutch. It's the best manual I've driven, having previously owned 06 and 09 Mazda 3's with manual. Engine power is modest but made more than bearable due to excellent handling and truly outstanding gas mileage. Add to that a fully functional in-dash touchscreen navigation, blind spot monitoring, keyless entry and ignition, auto wipers, and articulating headlights and you have a great automobile.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission Bluetooth audio In-dash navigation Hatchback versatility High gas mileage High Fun to drive quotient

Suggested Improvements

None so far!

Don't buy if you have bad roads
By steve333

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I actually wanted a sporty handling car, at least for a compact. However, I was not prepared for the horrible ride quality the 3 has on anything but perfect roads. The car feels unstable, the freeway ride is awful with the car tramlining all over the place. 2 dealers told me that's just the way the car rides. Biggest mistake was buying this car over the Chevy Cruze.

Favorite Features

Decent seats Ergonomic Nice looking car

Suggested Improvements

Better ride needed, way better No alloys? Come on, Mazda Worst oem tires I have ever seen

Bye '13 Focus, Hello Skyactiv!!
By mazda3_2013

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my '13 Ford Focus (that I bought brand new), for my brand new Mazda3. Let me tell you this car is better in all aspects. The Focus was very nice, but could not get used to the Dual Clutch transmission. I was in heaven when I test drove my Mazda, it drives better then the Focus, it shifts better, handles better. Everyone says how the Mazda3 has hard plastic all over the place on the inside, I don't know about you but I don't drive and tap my fingers on the dashboard at the sometime. Yes, somethings could of been made and/or placed different, but I've never seen a car where everything is perfect, but the Mazda3 comes pretty darn close.

Favorite Features

Skyactiv, seat comfort

Suggested Improvements

Base radio and should come stranded with Bluetooth

Great City Car
By boomerbob

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Mazda 3 for just over a month and I'm very pleased with the car. Most of my driving is in the city and the SkyActive engine has delivered right at 30mpg on the first 5 tanks. I really like the driving dynamics and the overall road feel the car gives. My only complaint so far is the road noise at higher speeds. There's plenty of interior room and very comfortable seats.

Favorite Features

Driving dynamics, handling, seating, hatchback versatility and of course the great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better insulation for less road noise at highway speeds.

Fun car to drive
By vwgolf_1999

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2013 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback after the 2014's were released, so got a good deal on the car. I really like the way this car drives - it handles so nicely. The iTouring (which is the base hatchback model) has good features - automatic dual-zone climate control and advanced keyless entry (which I've gotten to really like). Road noise is higher than I'd ideally like, but similar to other cars in the class. Gas mileage (after ~600 miles, so still running in) has averaged ~32mpg (mostly city and hilly driving). Overall - I'm very happy with this car.

Favorite Features

Handling, advanced keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

Improved NVH to reduce road noise.