2013 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Way to go, Mazda!
By acade on 06/25/14 20:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I recently bought this car used, having searched for a GT with manual transmission. I had bought a 2012 Skyactive GT with auto since the manual was not available. Wow! What a difference the transmission makes. Drivability is greatly improved with such a slick shifter and smooth clutch. It's the best manual I've driven, having previously owned 06 and 09 Mazda 3's with manual. Engine power is modest but made more than bearable due to excellent handling and truly outstanding gas mileage. Add to that a fully functional in-dash touchscreen navigation, blind spot monitoring, keyless entry and ignition, auto wipers, and articulating headlights and you have a great automobile.

Don't buy if you have bad roads
By steve333 on 10/23/13 18:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I actually wanted a sporty handling car, at least for a compact. However, I was not prepared for the horrible ride quality the 3 has on anything but perfect roads. The car feels unstable, the freeway ride is awful with the car tramlining all over the place. 2 dealers told me that's just the way the car rides. Biggest mistake was buying this car over the Chevy Cruze.

Bye '13 Focus, Hello Skyactiv!!
By mazda3_2013 on 10/14/13 16:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my '13 Ford Focus (that I bought brand new), for my brand new Mazda3. Let me tell you this car is better in all aspects. The Focus was very nice, but could not get used to the Dual Clutch transmission. I was in heaven when I test drove my Mazda, it drives better then the Focus, it shifts better, handles better. Everyone says how the Mazda3 has hard plastic all over the place on the inside, I don't know about you but I don't drive and tap my fingers on the dashboard at the sometime. Yes, somethings could of been made and/or placed different, but I've never seen a car where everything is perfect, but the Mazda3 comes pretty darn close.

Great City Car
By boomerbob on 10/13/13 09:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Mazda 3 for just over a month and I'm very pleased with the car. Most of my driving is in the city and the SkyActive engine has delivered right at 30mpg on the first 5 tanks. I really like the driving dynamics and the overall road feel the car gives. My only complaint so far is the road noise at higher speeds. There's plenty of interior room and very comfortable seats.

Fun car to drive
By vwgolf_1999 on 09/21/13 05:16 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2013 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback after the 2014's were released, so got a good deal on the car. I really like the way this car drives - it handles so nicely. The iTouring (which is the base hatchback model) has good features - automatic dual-zone climate control and advanced keyless entry (which I've gotten to really like). Road noise is higher than I'd ideally like, but similar to other cars in the class. Gas mileage (after ~600 miles, so still running in) has averaged ~32mpg (mostly city and hilly driving). Overall - I'm very happy with this car.

Decent economy car
By hmowner on 07/31/13 20:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Of so many choices in the compact car market, Mazda's marketing motto has been "Zoom Zoom". Well, I bought into that hype but found the car to be just one of the economy compact cars. It gets decent mileage and it is fun to drive if you rev the engine and give up the mileage. You do pay a bit more than other compacts for the privilege of enjoying the "Zoom Zoom" - which is really about the car handling, not the acceleration. Interior is a bit old compare to Hyundai/Kia. The major surprise that I found is the terrible road noise. Don't know if it's the factory tires or the car itself, but this is one of the nosiest compact!

AMAZING!!!
By dolphingray on 07/27/13 16:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is one of the best car i ever bought. It's incredibly good performance, slick, compact fast and very fuel efficient at 28/40 mpg! that's amazing. It has all the technologies in it "skyactive" there's nothing more i can ask for.

Mazda 3 Hatch
By tuckerk801 on 06/08/13 09:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car is amazing, it is fun to drive and gets excellent gas mileage. Glad when mazda built a gas miser they didnt forget their roots of zoom-zoom!

Love my 3!
By slickmz3 on 05/29/13 13:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Loved my 2011 i Touring sedan so much that I recently traded in for a 2013 Grand i Touring hatch. Didn't think it could get any better, but it did! Really love having the extra room in the hatch and the Skyactiv engine, which is going to save me about $600 bucks this year on gas. I largely agree with other consumer reviews. It is definitely a firmer ride, but handles amazingly and very is responsive (the catch phrase is zoom zoom zoom for a reason!). I actually like the construction of the cockpit-style dash, but it does take up some room leaving the overall interior on the small side. This car is one of the sportier small compacts on the market, and it is a real pleasure to drive.

Big mistake
By diana37 on 05/29/13 08:06 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I wish I had known how uncomfortable this car is for driving more than around the block in a test drive. I bought a new 2013 Mazda 3 three days ago, and it hurts my back. I will have to sell it and take the financial hit. I am sick about it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$161 per month*