2012 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Uncomfortable seats, rattles a

2012 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

2012 Mazda 3

i Touring Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/SKYACTIV-G)

Uncomfortable seats, rattles and weird noises
By neems on

2012 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I never thought I would be one of the "those' people that writes unhappy reviews but here I am.

1. The basic cloth seats look good, but they're hard as rock. I don't know if there was some switch-a-roo but my seat barely have any padding and I can feel the seat structure of the chair.

2. For a two week old car, it sure rattles a lot especially on the passenger side

3. There's an unusual humming noise coming from the middle of the car. It doesn't sound like idling or accelerating so I'm concerned.

More padding in the cloth seats!!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mazda3sedan
on 10/03/12 07:04 AM (PDT)

commenter above--do not discredit someone when they say they hear a noise...this has happened to me before in this and other cars--sometimes they can fix it, sometimes they can't (which is really frustrating)--also, all the thumbs-downing naysayers--sorry other people are having problems you apparently are not, must be nice, consider yourself lucky and don't feel the need to make someone feel bad for an honest review of THEIR car.

By caloyski
on 01/28/12 19:44 PM (PST)

the weird sound is the new direct injection engine, but hey you get more power and 40mpg with it, just need to get used to it. I wonder what rattling sound on the passenger door---I use to have something rattling at the door then I realized I have personal stuff in the side packet door, or check inside the glove box for lose items.