the wierd sound issue after 1700 miles on it
By jangk on
2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
2 weeks ago, I directly emailed to Mazda company with the problem. Then, the issue was transferred to the representative of the dearlership in which I bought, so they was informed by me that issue, and they drove the car with me, but they just explained that " problem is because of new SkyActive transmission, so we cannot sovle the problem fundamentally because the wierd sound is part of manufacture." So with disappointment, I returned to my home.... ....I live Philadelphia suburban area, which means I live in a little bit cold area, but the wierd sound is not related to the cold weather.........
Favorite Features
interior and exterior design. smooth 6 speed automatic transmission
Suggested Improvements
wierd sound from new engine, that is very annoying whenever driving it. Because of the sound the car is not comfortable, neither fun to drive. If the sound is removed, the new mazda3 is very confortable and fun to drive according to manufacturer's original intent.
By motorex
on 02/23/12 12:17 PM (PST)

The weird sound you are hearing appears to be the engine's Direct Injection system. Many other cars with Direct Injection engines have this same "problem". It does not pose any risks to the safety or performance of the car.

By orlando6
on 05/05/12 09:53 AM (PDT)

Thanks for posting this I will look more into this issue before buying one.