Terrible Choice
By lsmetan on
2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
We researched several cars for their gas mileage ability. We chose the Mazda3 Skyactive and within days of driving it off the lot and only realizing an average of 31mpg we were so disappointed. The extremely small trunk and back seat space only added to our disappointment. This car looks appealing, but is not in anyway functional. We are a family of four with two small children we previously drove a jetta and we along with baby gear fit in the jetta, not even close in the Mazda. Also our gas mileage was better in the jetta. After three weeks we pleaded with the dealership who allowed us a straight trade with a new 2012 VW Passat. We all fit & are happily getting 39mpg+ & its not a tdi
Favorite Features
The exterior looks nice.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger trunk!!!! Also this car is very sluggish, getting up to speed on an off ramp or trying to pass I thought I was driving a geo metro.
By mazda3sedan
on 10/03/12 06:22 AM (PDT)

Well, it's not a family car--in fact, that is what I like the MOST about it...you have to have tested it out before you bought it...why are you surprised about the space?

By dylanmitchel
on 09/05/12 10:55 AM (PDT)

The Mazda 3 is an excellent car for traveling with two people. Four people fit in a pinch around town. Used for daily driving and travel with 2 or 3 people max it's an excellent vehicle. I recently returned from a 2 person trip from San Diego to Big Bear area. We had plenty of room and it was very comfortable. For 3 or more people especially families a CX-5, 2014 6, RAV4, Outback and other make great choices. I'd be very happy to average 31 mpg in my daily driving. My current 3 with the 2.5 and manual gets 23-24. If you're doing mostly highway driving I could see being dissapointed.

By niskoman
on 01/25/14 09:45 AM (PST)

Who said this is family car.Don't you test the car before you buy it,especially the family car.This a sporty car with the best handling ever. Jetta doesn't even come close to Mazda.