My Fourth Mazda and the Best Yet!
By guitar_guy on
2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this after finally retiring and selling my 2003 Eclispe, that was still running strong after 200,000 miles. I love this car. I had test driven others in this class, but the 2012 Mazda 3 could not be matched in terms of combination of preformance, comfort and styling. The build on this car is solid. The manual shifting on this car is smooth as silk, and the gear ratios are very good. I love that the car is equipped with timing chain and stainless steel exhaust, which make for a relatively maintenance-free vehicle. Looking forward to the next 200,000 mile in my fun-to-drive Mazda 3. A great transition from sports car to great performace sedan.
Favorite Features
Manual transmission feel and shift ratio. The interior is nicely appointed, console is laid out well, and standard options are rich for this base level vehicle. For under 16k, it included power windows, power mirror, and 5-star safety rating.
Suggested Improvements
I have no improvements to suggest whatsoever at this point. If I had to be picky, I would say this model could use a foot rest for the manual transmission version, but a floor mat does the same job.