Regarding engine noise
By skyinactiv on
2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
Had the car for about two months now. I reviewed all the comments here about engine noise. My family drives the car most of the time and they don't pay careful attention to weird sounds. The only comment I have now is the louder engine noise after cold start in the morning which gets better after about 1 minute. I sent an e-mail to Mazda about it but no response. My dealers response was " bring the car in we will check it out" . The problem is when I take it to the dealer it will not be cold start situation anymore. I will have to take the car out for a drive more often to listen to engine noise during normal use which others are claiming. Other than that everything seems to be okay so far.
Favorite Features
I am getting about 28mpg mostly city driving. Liked the car very much during the test drive, but I prefer not to rate it yet - but I have to else edmunds will not allow me to submit my report-- Need to use it for a year to provide useful ratings.
Suggested Improvements
Better seats. sliding armrest would be nice.
By captbli
on 08/12/12 14:29 PM (PDT)

I can't believe your dealer didn't know that the Skyactive engine is set up to idle at a much faster than normal idle until it reaches normal operating temperature for the Catalytic converter. This is to reduce emissions and is normal for the car.