2012 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Perfect Package..Everything yo

2012 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Review

Perfect Package..Everything you want/need!!
By surfnjm3 on

2012 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Mazda about 4 weeks ago and put just under 2k miles on it. The car has been awesome! I am a car enthusiast and since I currently cannot swing the money for a BMW I landed on the Mazda. It is a drivers car and has all the feautures you want. Great sound (even the stock system without the bose is clear and loud), bluetooth is awesome with my phone and music and the interior layout of the dash and such are clean, sensible, and easy to use. I never thought I woudl get an automatic car but commuting with a manual is just brutal, but the dual-clutch on the mazda is the most responsive ive seen in a car under 21k. Take off the traction control and the car just begs you to drive it!

I love the new skyACTIV engine, it offers performance and econoical means in one. I will however say I have not acheived the claimed 39mpg highway, I actually have been averaging about 29mpg and that is a combo of highway/city over the course of an entire tank (about 320miles driven on it). I also do not just lolly-gag at 60-65mph I prefer 85mph so makes sense I do not get the claimed 39mpg.. Of note, the 'noise' people complain about in the dash is actually a buzz form the new engine, it is miniscule and does not effect the performance or anything so stop complaining about nothing! I love this car and any car enthusiast will too, best car for best price!

Honestly I will level, as a commuter I would enjoy better made- ergonomic seats, but I'm not going to let that stop me from purchasing a car, especially one as fun and enjoyable as this one!