Not as good as toyota
By alex_z on
2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
Have 5000 miles on it. I like interior, Bluetooth, steering, seats. Now about bad things: suspension sucks. It's o.k. for commuting and that's it. Took it for a long trip once and hate it now. It drives o.k. on a smooth road but once you go on a crappy one, your butt will feel every bump. Another bad thing about this car- it's too low. I already hit the bottom a couple of times and now I'm very careful. Visibility is o.k. but not as good as Corolla. I took my wife's old corolla for a 2000 miles trip last week, and it's day and night in comparison of driving. Yes, Toyota sucks in interior and has only 4 speed auto, but much better in comfort. Take it on a crappy road before you buy it.
Favorite Features
Interior, Bluetooth, seats.
Suggested Improvements
Suspension
By cor42sair
on 01/15/13 17:51 PM (PST)

I can't believe that Alex is talking about the same Mazda 3 Skyactive as the one I own. Lets start with what we agree on. Interior is attractive, nicely laid out; Bluetooth, I haven't used yet so no comment; steering is quick, precise and excellent . Seats, I agree are comfortable, and in cold weather the built in electric heating drives away deep down winter chills at the flip of a switch. Alex took it on a long trip once and hated it... Wow! I've driven mine from Ontario along freeways, to serpentine roads of Southern New York and New Hampshire and back. It was a wonderful trip. I arrived feeling refreshed. On the highway on cruise control we travelled easily and comfortably at well above posted speedlimits. Keep it down to within 10 mph above speed limit and you get better gas mileage than a Toyota, or a Smart Car for that matter. Acceleration in the first three or four gears is great! Suspension that Alec claims 'sucks' - I'd rate as excellent, along with the clutch on the manual model. Ride is firm yes, but control even over rough surfaces is amazing. I've never 'bottomed out'. Alex says "Take it on a crappy roads before you buy it." I agree... and take it on a winding backroad, and take it on a freeway. I did - and I bought - and I'm delighted every time I get behind the wheel! Different strokes for different folks I guess. .