2012 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Mazda3 skyactiv

2012 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Review

Mazda3 skyactiv
By rxb3 on

2012 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Traded my 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT with 200k on it. Great car and it got me 30mpg! The only reason I got the Mazda3 sedan was for the 39mpg (manual trans). So far, with 3k miles, I have been avg 38.2. That's better than my last car but... Pros: when in the right gear, it has some get up and go (for a 4cycl) Bluetooth is great. Works very well with iphone, hands free calls that are voice controlled are great, and streaming music. Handles well, seems sporty Of course the MPG is the real sell. Cons: the seats are horrible! I commute 1hr20min each way every day. 78miles each way every day adds up. This is a huge deal for me. The savings in gas is great but the seats suck!

The seats need softer padding. With the great MPG, you want to drive this car, butt it hurts. I do not know why you get a compact car that could really be great and you throw it away with those hard seats! Fix the seats. Make it fun AND comfortable to drive.