Insurance is high
By 3_mazdas on
2012 Mazda Mazda3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I own 3 Mazdas, all from 2012 (cx9, 6, and 3). I agree with all regarding this car's excellent performance, gas mileage and design. I have the Grand Touring i with Skyactiv and Tech Package and my wife and I love it for all the reasons above. One word of caution though. Insurance is quite high. The premium for my mazda3 is 50% higher than that of my brand new CX-9 which is worth $10k more than the mazda3. And my wife and I are considered the best drivers by Geico. So, if you think you save lots on gas mileage, think twice, after valueing insurance. THis is considered a sports car, unlike competitors such as Civic or corolla. If you like a fun and green car, then get the mazda3.
Favorite Features
Blind spot monitoring, great mileage, auto-shifting lights.
By caloyski
on 04/10/12 07:02 AM (PDT)

insurance in my car is cheap. my brand new 2012 mazda3 insurance was lower than my 2008 scion tc which i used to own. yes, i suggest you shop around to get the best rates.

By ejje1
on 08/01/12 10:22 AM (PDT)

This car is not considered a sports car, it actually has lower costs than my Nissan Sentra. Totally incorrect and false information

By bui83
on 04/28/12 23:20 PM (PDT)

I dont know if you own a hatchback or sedan 4 door. a hatchback speed 3 might consider sport car. It could be compare to the VW hatchback TDI, and those are like 2.3 liters with over 263 horsepower than the sedan. it is even more power than 2.5 liters , 178 horsepower for Toyota Camry ( the mazda hatchback's power almost equal V6 Camry ) if you have anyone in your family is a member of military, try USAA. this company is only for military members. but it saves you a lot. No other insurance company can be compete. Otherwise you can shop around like Costco, Mercury, or even AAA is might more expensive than All State, Farmers, Infinity. but Geico I think Geico is ripping you off.

By surfnjm3
on 03/29/12 11:53 AM (PDT)

The Insurance comment is pretty tweaked if you ask me. I pay only $40 a month for my brand new Mazda3 Hatchback than I did for my 2000 Ford Focus Zx3 ... Both are considered compact cars, not sports cars. Maybe Geico is ripping you off or something, or maybe you should shop around a little bit because that seems high, that is just my opinion and I did research on all these factors for 4 months before buying my Mazda. The fuel economy and performance outweigh the extra few bucks a month if you ask me, and anyone who truly enjoys a driver's car will definitley agree.