My Mazda is a Rocket Ship
By jennypenny575 on
2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I've been driving a 2000 Ford Focus SE Sedan before this car, so you can imagine that most cars would be a vast improvement. Not so, my Focus was a great car, it had great pickup, decent gas mileage(23 mixed) and a rather comfortable ride. But my Mazda is a rocketship. I had wanted a Mazda3 back in 2008 when I was originally car shopping. I ended up with a 7 year old focus because the Mazda was out of my price range. So the fact that I have it now is even sweeter. After test driving the Versa, the Focus, the Fit, and the Elantra, it was pretty much a runaway with the Mazda. I knew it was the car for me 5 minutes into the test drive. Smooth driving, fun to shift, everything is great.
Favorite Features
Some of my favorite features are the Bluetooth, the automatic shifter, the SkyActiv engine....and the cargo space. Oh and the gas mileage! I'm getting 32 mixed right now, which is a fantastic improvement. On top of that, I'm having a blast with the shifter and the Bluetooth means I'll never have to physically pick up my phone again. And the Mazda3 has enough tech goodies to keep a technophile like me, happy and engaged.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like the center console/armrest to be moved up slightly. I do wish it had the same inside tech as the Focus(voice commands for music and such) and I wish the color choices had been a bit more broad. Maybe less grey and something a bit more colorful? If they had had the Mazda3 in lime I would of snatched it up so quickly your eyes would of hurt. I'm also semi-worried about how much space there is for the backseat. But since I'm the driver and I never have to sit back there, it's kind of a moot point. For the most part, I wouldn't change a thing on my Mazda. It's perfect the way it is. And I got it for a great price! My Mazda is the perfect package, bow and all.