2012 Mazda Mazda3 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/SKYACTIV-G Consumer Review - I preferred my 2005 Mazda

2012 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Review

I preferred my 2005 Mazda 3
By dawnmcaz on

2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2005 3 in Jan for a new '12. I absolutely loved my '05 3! So fun & sporty, I was very proud of it. The a/c had gone out on it and after 1 summer in Phoenix with no a/c, I couldn't take it. It does get better gas mileage than the '05 did. I like that you can easily check to see how well your doing with mpg.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature, the handling. I've still yet to drive a compact car with such great handling.

Suggested Improvements

I bought the 2012 & after about a week of settling in I noticed things that made me miss my '05. Things that made me such a happy 3 owner. The exterior side lights that would blink with the turn signal, the interior accent lighting near the ash/change tray. The direction indicator on the rear view mirror, which I used all the time! In my '05 I had a hard plastic storage container with a lid between the carpet/matt and the donut tire. Now there is a cheap piece of Styrofoam. You can't get leather interior without getting the next higher priced 3 tier.